Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,205
Newest Member: komodo
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Greetings from the Gulf Coast
javabass
Hello all! My name is Scott and I currently live in Mobile, AL with my wife of 5 years (Who still insists that specialty coffee all tastes like grass) and our two cats (Sushi and Miso) who disagree with my wife. I've been snooping around the specialty coffee scene for the past 6 years and am in my second year of home roasting. So far, i've been using a few different Whirley Pop roasters while trying to read and learn the basics of roasting via the senses. Almost 100 roasts in and I've had probably 50 batches that were better than expected, yet only one single cup that blew my mind...now I'm trying to recreate that single cup!

My primary career is as a touring musician. My background and training is as an operatic vocalist. I also have worked as a graphic designer and web developer for the past 11 years. Obviously as an artist, I am attracted to the artistic side of teh coffee scene. However, I'm a hobbyist in many ways and dive head first into any hobby that I begin (I realize that I'm in good company here). Most of my free time is spent in wood-working, leather-working, and coffee brewing/roasting.

I spend approximately 200 days out of the year performing in different cities and I wake up each morning looking for the local roaster/cafe. I've met many people, tasted many coffees, and heard many stories in my travels and it only pushes me to learn more and develop my own craft that much more.

My go-to daily brewing method is the trusty Chemex, although every time I roast a new region, I always run it through the brew gauntlet to see how I like it best. My only step into the espresso world (at home) has been with a MyPressi, which has been great, but the amount of time and sink-shots that goes into it doesn't make it an every day thing for me. I also developed a love for Turkish while I spent some time in the Middle East several years ago, and enjoy perfecting my own Turkish regimen at home.

As of right now, the hobbyist (and cheapskate) in me is very intrigued by the notion of building my own drum roaster. I've been looking into all I can find about the Zen I and I love the design, size and functionality. I'm currently thinking through ways to develop my own based on some of those features, but with a few tweaks. I look forward to being a part of this community!

Tony_C
Welcome

Hiya Scott! Glad to be the first to welcome you to the forum. Chemex brewer here myself, and own a fiddle but can;t really play it lol. Glad you found the forum. There a lot of good people her, with a lot of great information. It isn't a fast paced place, so be patient. The people and the info is invaluable.
Behmor 1600+, SC/TO, KKTO (Building), Baratza Encore, Chemex, Bodum Chambord French Press, Turkish Cezve

Jump to Forum: