Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,203
Newest Member: Dave Tee
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
GE’s FirstBuild™ Challenge
JETROASTER
I was surprised I hadn't stumbled over this one before.

http://www.busine...enge-Spurs

Has anyone around here ever heard of it? There seems to have been some level of collaboration with SM, but I saw no indications in their blog or on their site.

Cheers, Scott

MPSAN
Not quite sure just what this is. Are they saying you just put this in your oven?
"If it Ain't Broke, Fix it 'til it is"!

JETROASTER
First Build seems to have their fingers in a few other coffee projects as well;
https://firstbuil...ag/coffee/

oldgearhead
"Does it Really Work? – According to the editor’s review, while BusinessWire.com does provide value by allowing you access to their massive distribution network, there’s little to differentiate their service from the other services. This is particularly important because would-be users must undergo a scrutiny of sorts and be accepted as a member of BusinessWire before they can use the service. Add to that the fact that the least you’ll pay per 400-word press release is around $400. “There are other press release services that we’d recommend before going with Business Wire. If this is the first release you’ve ever sent, we would go with eReleases, as they will hold your hand through the process more than the others…"

it's pay-per-word press release service. Sounds like an AutoCad promotion to me..never heard of this project.
No oil on my beans...

JETROASTER
Yeah, BusinessWire doesn't interest me much. FirstBuild seems a bit interesting though. It seems like a GE incubator?

JETROASTER
MPSAN wrote:

Not quite sure just what this is. Are they saying you just put this in your oven?

Yes, what's more, I believe it is designed to be driven by the convection ovens own turntable. It seems like this is the type of thing that GE was looking for...an accessory to be used on their appliance.
Cheers, Scott

MPSAN
Well...I guess I will still use my SR500 for now!
"If it Ain't Broke, Fix it 'til it is"!

ginny
I saw a note someplace about Thom's involvement but I could never find another mention.

Thanks for posting this...

ginny

everyone wants a piece of the revenue stream that is coming/is here with home roasting coffee. each day I see home roasting coffee articles all over the net, in mags like imbibe, on blogs and TV/radio shows.

the WSJ has items daily about the state of coffee and the upward movement of roasting at home.

I love these contests when designers are asked to submit their ideas for roasting on a non-commercial roaster. on the home scale.

we had one of the very first build a coffee roaster events in 2007...

http://forum.home...ead_id=623

Jump to Forum: