Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 06/05/2020 5:38 PM
peveleth, It is better if you start a post in the forum with your question. These shouts go away in time.

peveleth
· 06/05/2020 3:10 PM
For Gene Cafe Roasters I have an older Gene Cafe Roaster. Temp fluctuates probably showing age. Question: For recent owners of the newer Gene Cafe Roaster, your opinions?

her63
· 06/02/2020 9:10 AM
keep healthy bro, love roaster form home

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,595
Newest Member: peveleth
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Simple, bigger, better, faster, SC/TO high torque motor replacement for ~$35
bobbooks
I use two switches to control the heat. On/Off on the SC and full or half heat on the turbo.

I normally have to do very little switching. Seems that my 3 cups of beans, TO, SC, stirring all keep my profile on target. More often I have to slow down the development time with turbo going half heat beginning at first crack for about a minute. Different beans, ambient, wind have slightly different results.

The profile I have online is the one I use with ONE EXCEPTION: I start my timing when the roast hits 200F. ROR is the same after that. The reason is that nothing is happening to the roast before that and the charge temp or time to 200F is less of a concern. You just have to adjust the time scale on the left of the profile chart.

My research with other roasters that have used halogen turbos actually prefer the heating coil. I have no experience myself with halogen.

renatoa
Conversely, no experience with heating coil, no such models here.

A peculiarity of my setups is the complete removal of halogen cover, this way the IR heating becomes majoritar versus convection, which is good, for my taste... maybe because I prefer meat cooked using a radiant (shawarma) versus convection (oven) Grin

Also tried cheap chinese carbon fiber tubes from Aliex, but abandoned, low reliability in this environment with vibrations, the fiber breaks quickly, after some roasts.
Edited by renatoa on 03/10/2019 4:19 AM

Koffee Kosmo
I have used both element and halogen
Both work great and I like both equally

The halogen has one small advantage, that it lights up the roast chamber to view what’s going on inside

KK
I home roast and I like it
Blog - http://koffeekosmo.blogspot.com/
Bezzera Strega: Mazzer Robur Grinder: 5 Box hand grinders: Pullman Tamper Convex: (KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster: CONA Glass Rod Syphon: Pyrex Brewer:

http://koffeekosmo.com.au
Jump to Forum: