Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

pokeronlinejakarta
10/13/2019 7:27 PM
Jakarta Poker adalah situs agen poker online terpercaya dna terbaik yang dapat diakses dengan aman dan nyaman

koriglman
10/13/2019 6:09 PM
Male Guide Reviews Some of the common supplements used to assist you lose weight are: Hoodia can be an herbal supplement that is very popular in programs designed to help you lose excess fat. It is em

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

allenb
10/08/2019 11:29 AM
Hi RAZ. Please post your 18-25kg build question in either the drum or fluidbed build forums and we'll all try to answer.

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:43 AM
Quien me pude ayudar por favor, con el diseƱo para construir un tostador que funcione ya sea con Gas, electricidad o flujo de aire caliente, de unos (18 o 25) Kg. estoy en Venezuela

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,181
Newest Member: peihsiemhsu
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New Member today
Larry C
Hello coffee lovers,

I joined today to learn more about roasters. I have been roasting weekly for 2 years with the Behmor. It is a frustrating machine because I have never duplicated a roast no matter how hard I try. I get close but, hey, this is not horseshoes we are playing...this is COFFEE...serious stuff!

I'll be reading about roasting machines and asking questions because I am ready to upgrade and ebay my Behmor.

Larry
Home roasting since 2013, Bought a Behmor in 2014 but it is too dificult to duplicate roasts. Ready to go to the next level of home roasting. We use Rainforest Alliance beans,Costco Item# 779181 pushed deep into 2C for espresso.

alext
Hello Larry, I'm new too but I find this forum to be very helpful. I recently changed to the Hottop from the SR500 for the same basic reason. Too soon to say much but the Hottop is a great machine.

Tony_C
welcome2 Larry!

I have the 1600+ and have been doing mainly programmed roasts, and have been able to recreate roasts pretty closely. But I have had some really crazy roasts. My two last Yirgacheffes really went awry. They came to FC way too soon, and were sour as heck. Very strange, but true,

I started off with a whirley pop roaster, then a Stir Crazy/turbo oven roaster. But they aren't perfected yet, so bought the Behmor to roast while perfect them and I put together my parts and build a KKTO. I love the Turbo Ovens, and actually have a second one that I roast a chicken in weekly. Some of the best chicken I've ever had. But I have had some awesome coffee from home made roasters.

But just know, this is a great site with some awesome people!
Behmor 1600+, SC/TO, KKTO (Building), Baratza Encore, Chemex, Bodum Chambord French Press, Turkish Cezve

papa940911
Welcome to the forums!

ginny
Welcome

Larry...

ginny

turtle
i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/turtle-web/misc/smiley/whoohoo.gif

I am at the other end of the spectrum from you.

I've been roasting in other machines for a while but only had a 1600 for a week. I've done 2 roasts in it.

Did you upgrade your control panel or is it a stock model?

Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: Behmor 1600 +
Grinders: Modified Super Jolly - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

DiggerinVA
Welcome!! What do you want for the Behmor?

ginny
please PM one another with any sale talk, thanks.

ginny

roar

Jump to Forum: