Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,203
Newest Member: Dave Tee
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Cleaning tips for SR500 wanted.
MPSAN
Hello ALL:
I am having good luck with my SR500, but see a little bit of "oil" on the top screen. I know we do not need to clean the top, and even the glass, often but when we do, what is everyone using? Is SimpleGreen good? I, of coarse, do not want to use anything that will leave a taste. My wife suggested Vinegar, but that seems like a bad idea.

Thank You ALL
"If it Ain't Broke, Fix it 'til it is"!

ginny
simple green, oxy clean any of these will work and as long as you rinse well no issue of any taste will remain.

ginny

sweet marias suggest to soak the top, read their PDF on the 300/500

MPSAN
Thank You, ginny. I will look at SM to see what they say. We have SimpleGreen. FreshRoast suggests just wiping the glass when it is dirty enough that it restricts viewing the bean color, but I still think it should be soaked and washed.

LongLeafSoaps
I would think since the roast chamber is glass, and the chaff collector doesn't come into contact with your beans, so long as everything is well rinsed it shouldn't be an issue with imparting any off putting flavors...
Carpe Diem With Coffee

ginny
it's the build up of the oils from the beans n the chamber that should be soaked if needed or wiped all the time if need be. people get very lazy.

-g

LongLeafSoaps
ginny wrote:

it's the build up of the oils from the beans n the chamber that should be soaked if needed or wiped all the time if need be. people get very lazy.

-g

I am certainly guilty of that....I meant a good rinse after washing...guess I didn't complete my previous thought =P
Carpe Diem With Coffee

MPSAN
LLS, did you ever try my method on a 2nd roast?

After my next roast I will soak and clean the SR500!

comfortableshoes
Plain old white vinegar will break down the coffee oils and rinse clean leaving no taste. Rise it well and then let it air dry completely before using it again. I scrub my top screen when it gets dark and scrub out my chamber every few weeks. I use a bottle brush and dawn dish soap on the chamber and a veggie brush on the top screen. I notice that it really does seem to affect the air flow. The cleaner the better the flow.

comfortableshoesstudio.com
MPSAN
Great. I do have a toothbrush I was going to use on the top screen. It is a shame they did not make it removable. We have SimpleGreen, so I may use that to see how well it works.
Edited by JackH on 01/19/2016 12:11 AM

Jump to Forum: