Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

NetriX
OfflineAdmin
· 01/22/2020 5:40 AM
morning Updated shoutbox. Work in progress.

SaraJohnson
· 01/17/2020 5:50 AM
Looking for a good coffee shop in Maumee, Ohio. Any recommendations?

snwcmpr
· 01/10/2020 10:18 AM
Maybe post in the Behmor section. Behmor users can see it. The SHOUTBOX post will be hidden in a few days.

jqaman
· 01/09/2020 8:51 AM
The flap on the back of my Behmor 1600 has come loose at one end. Its 15 years old. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix it? thanks...john

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 01/03/2020 2:33 AM
Jyoungs3, you should start a post about it. The shoutbox entries will scroll away in time.

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,362
Newest Member: lambertsroast
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Merry Christmas to Me!
MPSAN
LongLeafSoaps wrote:

.....with a dry cycle, the beans would roast more evenly! I think I will try it today using MPSAN's method ThumbsUp

Great. As I said, it is a 3 minute drying cycle with a 5 second cool at 30 seconds, 30 seconds, and 1 minute. Then after 1 minute more, I switch to Medium heat for 1.5 minutes before going to High Heat.

Also, for the first minute or so just hold the top and tilt the whole SR500 without lifting it. You will see the beans moving very well when you do that and can see how well they are moving after doing this a few times. I have NEVER burned 1 single bean and the roast is very even.
"If it Ain't Broke, Fix it 'til it is"!

Tony_C
So have you broken in that SR500 yet? Inquiring coffee addicted minds want to know!
Behmor 1600+, SC/TO, KKTO (Building), Baratza Encore, Chemex, Bodum Chambord French Press, Turkish Cezve

LongLeafSoaps
Tony_C wrote:

So have you broken in that SR500 yet? Inquiring coffee addicted minds want to know!

Hi Tony! Yes, I have done quite a few roasts on it so far, and while I am still getting a feel for it, so far I have gotten some nice results with it ThumbsUp

One particular batch of Mexican Terruno Nayarita turned out fantastic and I noticed I had forgotten to turn the heat up after my dry cycle (this was my 4th batch that evening, so I spaced out a bit)...I want to say I drew it out to about a 7 minute dry cycle before noticing and turning the heat up, then the next unwittingly thing I did was forget to turn the fan down during roasting...
Now this bean I have always enjoyed at a full city+, dump the beans at the first sign of 2nd crack, and loved the flavor of the coffee, but this time with the extended dry cycle, and full fan during the roast, I figured I had to have baked the beans! To my surprise, the coffee took on a much different tone, and distinctly tasted like a sharp blueberry flavor. I tried to duplicate it, but I was roasting some coffee for the couple I bought the sock knitting machine off of in Canada over the weekend...ummm, the coffee was well received by my friends!

I will continue to experiment with this bean to see if I can duplicate the serendipitous roast!
Carpe Diem With Coffee

Jump to Forum: