Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

pokeronlinejakarta
10/13/2019 7:27 PM
Jakarta Poker adalah situs agen poker online terpercaya dna terbaik yang dapat diakses dengan aman dan nyaman

koriglman
10/13/2019 6:09 PM
Male Guide Reviews Some of the common supplements used to assist you lose weight are: Hoodia can be an herbal supplement that is very popular in programs designed to help you lose excess fat. It is em

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

allenb
10/08/2019 11:29 AM
Hi RAZ. Please post your 18-25kg build question in either the drum or fluidbed build forums and we'll all try to answer.

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:43 AM
Quien me pude ayudar por favor, con el diseño para construir un tostador que funcione ya sea con Gas, electricidad o flujo de aire caliente, de unos (18 o 25) Kg. estoy en Venezuela

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 1
DanT

Total Members: 6,181
Newest Member: peihsiemhsu
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Customer Service, Mill City Rosters and Buckeye Roasters???
Army Coffee
All;

I DO NOT WANT TO CREATE A TOXIC POSTING!

This is simply a question of satisfaction of support from two small businesses. I know both owners are on this site, but I am looking for actual customer experience with support following the sale. Both have good reviews, one being in business longer than the other.

1. What product did you purchase?
2. Quality of the product?
3. Delivery observations?
4. Service after sale?

I am ready to make a jump to a 1-2 kg roaster and price being equal, your objectivity is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your observation

Drew
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

North TJ-072 2kg Roaster, Hottop 8828B, Gene Cafe Roaster, Baratza Vario Grinder, Breville SmartGrinder, Behmor Brazen, Cona "D", Bialetti Moka Express, Aero-Press, Quick Mill QM67

ginny
Hi Drew:

your post should not get any toxic stuff and if it does it will be deleted immediately by me.

ginny

Army Coffee
good post

I know that! I am glad you are here and keeping us in line

Drew
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

North TJ-072 2kg Roaster, Hottop 8828B, Gene Cafe Roaster, Baratza Vario Grinder, Breville SmartGrinder, Behmor Brazen, Cona "D", Bialetti Moka Express, Aero-Press, Quick Mill QM67

ginny
Drew, I also love a guy who smokes a good cigar...

roar

-g

Army Coffee
I thought I should provide an update on my question since I never really got any information about my inquiry. Good news is that I answered it myself (at least to my satisfaction).

When spending a lot of money on a hobby, due diligence on the product is in order. Wanting to move to the next level of roasting, I took the opportunity to travel to Minneapolis and visited Mill City Roasters personally.

Bottom line was this was a great visit and I was extremely impressed with the 1kg Roaster. I also got to see their prototype 500g Roaster and a few others. Extremely impressed with both the quality and specifications.

Product is only 60% of the equation: Customer Service is the rest! On top of a great product, the entire Mill City Team spent all sorts of tie showing me what they offer as well as allowed me to test drive one of the 1kg Machines. Roasted four different 1KG batches of coffee: I was in heaven!

Every question I had was answered and I am very impressed and comfortable with the Team. All that being said, I ordered and am now looking forward to receiving my 2kg Machines!

BBQ grill
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

insatiable ONE
Was your Hottop not quality enough?

Army Coffee
insatiable ONE wrote:

Was your Hottop not quality enough?

Absolutely Not!!! I love my Hottop and will probably keep it as a Sample Roaster. Their support and product is simply the best and if I had to do it all over again, it would have been the first roaster I bought.

I have been roasting coffee for 8 years now. Started on a Popcorn Popper and graduated to a Gene Café Home Roaster. For almost 4 years now I have been on my Hottop. This is definitely an addiction (both roasting and drinking).

28 years in the Army created a person who doesn’t like sitting still and while I have no illusions of starting a roasting company, I am looking to up my roasting game and if things happen that move us down that road, it would be more like Farmers Markets and not retail.

My Hottop roasts only 9oz a roast and just to feed my personal drinking habits requires 2 hours a week. I hate doing such small roasts and that is why I purchased the 2 kg Mill City Roaster. 2-Hours of Roasting on the Mill City will offer me an opportunity to roast 8-10 pounds. Enough to supply me and a few of my special friends.

Hope this answers your question.
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

Jump to Forum: