Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

koriglman
10/13/2019 6:09 PM
Male Guide Reviews Some of the common supplements used to assist you lose weight are: Hoodia can be an herbal supplement that is very popular in programs designed to help you lose excess fat. It is em

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

allenb
10/08/2019 11:29 AM
Hi RAZ. Please post your 18-25kg build question in either the drum or fluidbed build forums and we'll all try to answer.

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:43 AM
Quien me pude ayudar por favor, con el diseño para construir un tostador que funcione ya sea con Gas, electricidad o flujo de aire caliente, de unos (18 o 25) Kg. estoy en Venezuela

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:41 AM
Saludos a todos

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,180
Newest Member: pokeronlinejakarta
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Stir Crazy Build
LongLeafSoaps
Tony_C wrote:

I found the example of the Chaff Tube I was talking about installed on a springform:

I found the page, but this is all I could find on this guys build...

http://home.ptd.n...fdrain.htm
Carpe Diem With Coffee

Tony_C
Yeah, nothing else on it, but interesting. On my last roast, I had two main areas where the chaff settled, so I;m still not sure about this design. I will be roasting again tomorrow, and will be trying covering the bottom of the spacer rings. I received my tubing to seal them, so we will see.

LongLeafSoaps
Tony_C wrote:

Yeah, nothing else on it, but interesting. On my last roast, I had two main areas where the chaff settled, so I;m still not sure about this design. I will be roasting again tomorrow, and will be trying covering the bottom of the spacer rings. I received my tubing to seal them, so we will see.

I have noticed I am getting less chaff collection with each roast..I suppose I need to take my turbo oven apart and look for chaff blocking the air flow. I only put a layer of screen on the bottom of the heat guard on the turbo oven. Will most likely need to add the screen to the sides as well (I cannot remember who to give credit to for that mod)

Still roasting nicely though I must say! ThumbsUp
Carpe Diem With Coffee

Tony_C
I had a couple issues with my Stir Crazy on my last roast, and had to tweak it a bit. I had an issue with my stir shaft/socket set up lifting up off of the motor, as well as allowing beans to fall down inside. The stir arms are working very well though. I picked up a taller socket, and had to RTV all of the shaft components together. So hopefully this will take care of that issue.

I put aluminum foil under the two rings, but the lack of smoothness of foil seems to interfere with the chaff going over the inner ring. It bounced off of the foil and I didn't have as much chaff in between the rings as I did before, and had a lot among the beans. So, I will have to revisit that mod. I may also shorten the spacer rings as well.

The roast did come out nice though. I roasted a pound of Mexico Union Majomut and it came out very nice. So the roaster is doing it's job. Almost there!

Jump to Forum: