Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

snwcmpr
10/16/2019 2:52 PM
Thank you for all you guys do.

JackH
10/15/2019 2:02 AM
They seem to be after the shoutbox. They have been removed. I don't see anything in the forums.

snwcmpr
10/14/2019 3:27 PM
We have been hacked. A whole lot of posts that have filled up the whole forum.

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,195
Newest Member: Casey
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gene Cafe CBR 1200 - 1 Kg
Pashasky
Hi everyone!
I am fresh owner of an bigger roaster and also owner of the original (small) version.
Very strange, i have used the same profile as on the small one but the result is very blunt. I have to admit is kind of dissapointing to see that roast result is not better or even ...
Is anyone else experiencing the same results? Any ideas to investigate?

I am roasting Yirgacheffe natural gr1 crop 2014. On the small one is great but on the CBR 1200 is kind of average taste.

Thanks in advance!

ChicagoJohn

While it is highly unlikely I could answer your question, in the interest of learning, I would like to know what the profile you are using is. Is there any way you could share that, either in tabular or graphic form?

I'm just wondering if, perhaps, "the same profile" may be the same in terms of thermocouple readings versus time but different in terms of the actual time-temperature heat history the average bean sees; either due to a difference in heat transfer due to differences in mass or maybe to a different relationship between thermocouple reading and average bean temperature. Seeing the actual time-temperature curves would be interesting.

In any case, it's a shame indeed if the profiles on different sizes of the same machine are not scalable, at least after application of some established "correction factor". I'll be interested to see how this is resolved.

jmsiebal
Pashasky, I am so sorry to hear of your results with the CBR-1200! I've been wondering about that model. It's so beautiful and shiny--like you could almost put wheels on it and drive it down the street. I hope you're able to attain the kind of profile you're looking for.

I bought a red CBR-101 in 2012 and love creating blends with it. I don't mind replacing parts on it, either. Thank goodness for Batch Coffee for parts. Love those folks!
coffee drink

allenb
ChicagoJohn wrote:

While it is highly unlikely I could answer your question, in the interest of learning, I would like to know what the profile you are using is. Is there any way you could share that, either in tabular or graphic form?

John, unfortunately, the Gene Cafe roasters only display ET and not BT due to the design of the drum making it mostly impossible to incorporate a sensor within it. So, recording a bean profile isn't doable. The Gene is capable of producing some excellent coffee but is seat of the pants flying when it comes to thermometry and controls.

I'm going to assume Pashasky didn't think it was worthwhile to bother filling you in on the Gene's shortcomings in this area.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Pashasky
Hi,

The coffee: Yirgacheffe natural 1700m, crop 2014.
On the GC100 i have roasted 250g for 21 min at 215 degree shown on roaster. The cooling was auto on machine something like 12 min. The result is fruity and little or no acidity.

On the GC1200 i roasted 600g for 21 min at 215g then the cooling auto for 4 min. The result is close to FC therefore not to be drink.
The profile that is best in GC 1200 so far, is 600g, 14 min at 245. The result is complex but not fruity at all - and this i really miss it! I have tried various combination like less time or less heat but the result is lousy.
The temperature is what is the machine set at.
I am looking for ideas or other suggestions what else to try. My fear is that not being able to replicate the same results on GC1200 like the GC100 might make me miss roasting other caffees.

froggystyle
600g is to low, aim for 800g up to 1000g, temp wise you need to be over 200c, or 400f, time wise needs to be around 14-15 minutes.

I have the 1200 and love it, but its a little tricker than the smaller 101, which i also have.

Hope this helps.

andrewwanson
If you looking for replace your coffee parts visit
http://www.bunnom...Parts.html
http://www.bunnomatic-parts.com/Bunn-Coffee-Maker-Parts.html

http://www.bunnomatic-parts.com/
Jump to Forum: