Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,203
Newest Member: Dave Tee
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Karen's Latest Media Bite!
dianespow
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - ThumbsUpHundreds of breast cancer survivors and their loved ones descended on the University of Arizona Sunday for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. In all, thousands of people participated in the 5K walk to show their support and their hope that one day breast cancer will be a thing of the past.

"I am a survivor, and I'm going to be for a long time, and I'm going to help others survive this horrible cancer," said participant Karen Klay.

Rep. Martha McSally and Tucson News Now's Jenna Lee were also on hand for the celebration of life, courage, and survival.

And each person in pink had a story they were waiting to share.

"My mom died of breast cancer in 1985, and I have been doing the Susan G. Komen walk ever since, and two of my aunts also have breast cancer, and I just think it is a really good cause, and anything I can do to help makes a difference," said walker Deb Slabaugh.

"I'm here to support my friend Eleanor and all of these people here," said Irene Salazar.

People ran, walked and shopped with a very important message in mind.

"Please, all women, do not rely on mammograms and physicals. I want everybody to check themselves," Klay said.

The event raised thousands of dollars Sunday, and real estate agent Rachel Johnson plans to keep the money flowing in.

"With every transaction the money that I'm making I want to help fight, and I want to make a donation in someone's name to Susan G. Komen and just raise more and more money," she said.

The race is over, but the fight to find a cure for breast cancer continues.

Copyright 2015 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Want to Help?
By donating you can ensure that HR will continue to be open for years to come. Expenses are 100% transparent and can be viewed publicly at all times. You can find more information on donations and why we request them by reading up on the forum topic here. Thank you.

Jump to Forum: