Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 06/24/2020 7:58 AM
@Mark McCornack, Please post your question in the forum.

Mark McCornack
· 06/15/2020 9:28 PM
Hi! Looking for a legacy inlet temp sensor on 13 yr old Gene Cafe. It seems they've changed it and now you need new mother board and new sensor. Any ideas where I can find compatibile old one? Mark

Samaniego
· 06/09/2020 6:39 PM
Wich thermometers Can i buy for my roasting machine compatible with usb or macbook?

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 06/05/2020 5:38 PM
peveleth, It is better if you start a post in the forum with your question. These shouts go away in time.

peveleth
· 06/05/2020 3:10 PM
For Gene Cafe Roasters I have an older Gene Cafe Roaster. Temp fluctuates probably showing age. Question: For recent owners of the newer Gene Cafe Roaster, your opinions?

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,620
Newest Member: scarmi
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello from Turkey
Firochromis
I'm a new member living in Ankara, Turkey.

Let me say straight, I haven't browned a single bean yet, but I'm here for that.

I've been drinking coffee for years and I gradually get deeper into this 'art'. First few years were instant coffee era. Dark days, don't want to talk about Then came the french press era. I was happy, as I could try different beans. Then, 7-8 years ago my brother got married and somebody gifted him a cheap espresso machine (what a cheap guy!). To my luck he is a coffee-hater, so I brought the machine to home and drank Starbucks beans. As I said those were dark days and I wasn't aware the micro roasters and other developments. Finally, a few months ago, with the help and support of my wife, we acquired a much better espresso machine and a commercial style grinder. Currently I buy my beans from micro roasters and grind them freshly at home. My current consumption is 4lb/month. I want to step to the next era: Home roasting.

So, glad to be here. :)
Be in peace,

Firat Cingi

www.firochromis.com
JETROASTER
So good to have you here. A lot of info here at HRO, speak right up if you're having trouble finding what you need.
Cheers, -Scott

Randy G
Welcome! As a big fan of the Beko Turkish coffee maker I feel a connection!

In terms of your coffee history, never be embarrassed by your journey. The only important thing is the destination.

Life's too short to drink bad coffee.

http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
ciel-007
Welcome to HRO.

Turkey has a reputation for its coffee roasting and it's roasters. In fact, quite a few Turkish roasters are being used commercially in America. Are you planning to build a roaster from scratch, or to buy one off the shelf?

Ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK�NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

allenb
Hi Firo (we're issuing nicknames if you don't give us a first name Shock).

As stated by other members, be sure to make yourself at home and take in all of our interesting forums for roaster/roasting ideas and post questions or build progress.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Firochromis

freshbeans wrote:

So good to have you here. A lot of info here at HRO, speak right up if you're having trouble finding what you need.
Cheers, -Scott

Thank you Scott. HRO is really an ocean an I'm a tiny clownfish to explore it :)
Be in peace,

Firat Cingi

www.firochromis.com
Firochromis

Randy G wrote:

Welcome! As a big fan of the Beko Turkish coffee maker I feel a connection!

In terms of your coffee history, never be embarrassed by your journey. The only important thing is the destination.

Randy, thank you for the warm welcome. Unlike to the forums of my other hobbies; my country name is well known in coffee forums. But you have to visit it to learn the Turkish coffee better :)
Be in peace,

Firat Cingi

www.firochromis.com
Firochromis

ciel-007 wrote:

Welcome to HRO.

Turkey has a reputation for its coffee roasting and it's roasters. In fact, quite a few Turkish roasters are being used commercially in America. Are you planning to build a roaster from scratch, or to buy one off the shelf?

Ciel

Ciel, I know there are some Turkish roasters which make us proud.

For your question, I don't know what to do for the long run. What I know is my 16lb green bean order is about to arrive and I have to find a quick start method for browning and postpone the final decision. This way, the decision will be healthier and cheaper I guess, as I'll get great help here in HRO. :)
Be in peace,

Firat Cingi

www.firochromis.com
Firochromis

allenb wrote:

Hi Firo (we're issuing nicknames if you don't give us a first name Shock).

As stated by other members, be sure to make yourself at home and take in all of our interesting forums for roaster/roasting ideas and post questions or build progress.

Allen

Hi Allen and thank you for your welcome.

I've added my name to the signature before posting my first message. So my name is Firat. In fact Firo is equally fine; since my close friends call me that way.
Be in peace,

Firat Cingi

www.firochromis.com
ciel-007

Firochromis wrote:

... 16lb green bean order is about to arrive and I have to find a quick start method for browning...

What origin beans did you order for your first roasts?

Ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK�NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

ginny
Firat:

Enjoy and thanks for joining us here at HRO.

Wait until you start roasting, your life will never be the same again.

Please ask away, any questions you may have. We are delighted to hwlp out.

ginny

roar

Randy G

ginny wrote:
Wait until you start roasting, your life will never be the same again.

In my personal case, little did I know in late-2000 to what extent that statement would eventually prove itself to be true!

Life's too short to drink bad coffee.

http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
Firochromis
Hi Ciel, they are Colombia Excelso, Costa Rica SHB EP Dota Tarrazu and Guatemala SHB EP Tres Marias Oriente. I must mention that I randomly chosed these beans and I don't know if they suit well for a newbie roaster.

Ginny and Randy, thank you once more. I hope these changes will be in good sense :)
Be in peace,

Firat Cingi

www.firochromis.com
ciel-007

Firochromis wrote:

Hi Ciel, they are Colombia Excelso, Costa Rica SHB EP Dota Tarrazu and Guatemala SHB EP Tres Marias Oriente. I must mention that I randomly chosed these beans and I don't know if they suit well for a newbie roaster.

Firat, if you love great espresso pulls, then I recommend that you start blending your coffee beans at some point in the future. Some of the very best pulls I have ever had came from blends made from inexpensive beans. One of the secrets for a great espresso pull is having some Brazilian beans mixed into the blend.

Ciel

Jump to Forum: