Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,203
Newest Member: Dave Tee
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
IMPORTANT INFORMTION
ginny
To All Members:

this link:

https://www.sweet...ry/weblog/

will take you to the Sweet Maria Weblog for some important information on a possible security issue. If you do not want to hit the link it reads:

>>>It has been brought to our attention that there have been a few isolated incidents of customer credit card information being compromised. We have been working diligently with our server host and PayPal, our merchant credit card processor, to find any potential weaknesses in our security. So far all scans have come up clean, but we are treating this as if it were a larger attack in auditing our security systems.

Although this is alarming and difficult for those affected, this was an isolated situation that hit about 20 cards out of over 20,000 transactions. Every case is important to us, please contact us if you’ve experienced any fraud.<<<

I buy a lot online as I live in the boonies but only from a few places and I was hit to the tune of several hundred bucks a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you it was a pain in the butt to clear it all up and change a bunch of stuff...

This is information we all need to be aware of and knowing Thom and Maria I know that they will work to solve any issue that they have.

ginny

I am not saying that my issue came from Sweet Marias but it is one of the very few places I use an ATM card so I have given the information to my fraud guy at the bank. Wells Fargo goes after these thiefs hard...
Edited by ginny on 02/11/2015 2:20 AM

snwcmpr
Thanks Ginny.

This may only be a coincidence.....
Just after my last purchase from SM I had 9 fraudulent charges to my credit card, after an investigation, I was not responsible for paying. That card was cancelled, and another sent as a replacement.

I just contacted SM, and am hoping they call me back.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

ciel-007
Sweet Maria’s Responds to Claims of Compromised Credit Cards

There was news coverage of the problem a few days ago. The DailyCoffeeNews spoke with Erica Lee (SM’s Director of Operations), who claimed that about a dozen customers had reported fraudulent transactions on their cards.
See link below:

http://dailycoffe...dit-cards/

Ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK�NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

ginny
Ciel:

I did not want to post all links to the issue but the one you posted is 9 days old and there have been zero from Sweet Maria and we still have customers that are possibly involved.

Honestly, I believe it is the responsibility of ANY online business owner to make clients aware if ANY security issue that may involve ATM/credit cards.

Most owners have email addresses of clients and can notify them, period.

ginny

greenman

ciel-007
ginny wrote:

... I believe it is the responsibility of ANY online business owner to make clients aware of ANY security issue...

Ginny, that's an important observation.

I have never ordered from SweetMaria's. Nevertheless, when I visited their site a few minutes ago, I was surprised to find no mention of "Compromised Credit Cards" anywhere on the Home or News pages. To me it would seem that more transparency on this sensitive matter would be vital in sustaining the confidence of their valued customers.

Ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK�NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

ginny
Ciel:

where do you buy most of your beans?

curious.

ginny

smoking

ciel-007
ginny wrote:

... where do you buy most of your beans?

With experience, I've learned that pricey SO beans do not taste better than a clever blend of commercial beans, when roasted properly.

There are several commercial roasters near my home that are happy to provide good beans at reasonable prices.

However, lower prices may be had by ordering online. I have enjoyed great pulls from greens sold by JavaBeansPlus, a wholesaler in NY. JavaBeansPlus offers 25 lb lots starting at $3.19/lb. Free shipping is provided when your order reaches $100. Further, if you're a first time buyer, you will receive a 10% discount.

Ciel

Jump to Forum: