Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

snwcmpr
10/16/2019 2:52 PM
Thank you for all you guys do.

JackH
10/15/2019 2:02 AM
They seem to be after the shoutbox. They have been removed. I don't see anything in the forums.

snwcmpr
10/14/2019 3:27 PM
We have been hacked. A whole lot of posts that have filled up the whole forum.

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,196
Newest Member: donfromindy
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What hardware to buy for aArtisan?
javadive
Hello,

I am confused about what of the options that offered for the Arduino/TC4, I should buy. Any help will be great!

http://www.mlgp-l...o-pcb.html

I have electric coffee-tech 1kg Torrefattore, and I do have Fuji PXR PID controller.

Thank you for the help
Edited by JackH on 02/04/2015 12:46 PM

HoldTheOnions
Could you explain what you would like to be able to do? If you are only after data logging, then I believe artisan supports the PXR and you don't need arduino/tc4. Or do you want to replace PXR and control through artisan/arduino? Do you want to control heating elements and/or fans? Do you already own an arduino? Are you comfortable with soldering?

In summary, the TC4C-BUILT lets you control heating elements and connect your roaster to a laptop to use artisan. You will also need a solid state relay with heatsink and one or more k-type thermocouples appropriate to your build, that you will have to get from Amazon or equivalent.

If you also want to control the fans, then you will also need a ZCD-BUILT (zero cross detector) and a second solid state relay (usually no heat sink required for this, unless your fan motor is large, e.g. 8 amps or more).

If you also want a display on your roaster so you don't have to connect to a laptop to see what is going on, then you also need LCDAPTERC-COMPLETE. Personally, I would only add this later if you find it necessary.

If you already have arduino, then you can buy the TC4-BUILT instead of the TC4C-BUILT and simply connect to your arduino.

If you know how to solder, then you can buy the TC4-KIT instead of the TC4-BUILT and save some money by doing the soldering yourself.

I wouldn't bother with the TC4-SMD, IMO it's worth $10 to make sure you get everything you need in one shot with the TC4-KIT.

In full disclosure, I don't own this...yet, but have done some research. So anyone feel free to correct me if any of the above info is wrong.

javadive
Thank you for the detail reply, very helpful.

I do want to be able to control the heating element using Fuji PID. From my understanding it much quicker to change the setting using artisan software then to go thru the Fuji menu system, and I like the ability of running automated cycle. I did buy the Fuji PID, solid state relay, and thermocouples, at later stage I will like to add VFD to control the fan speed.

Pashasky
Hi,

Is it a must to have TC4 with the Arduino? I have the Arduino, a thermocouple and the connecting board and also the SSR. Could i use the Artisan in such configuration? For me the courier cost will be 50% of the price of the TC4 and is relevant.

ginny
Hello,

you may want to look into our DIY

fo the TC4

http://forum.home...rum_id=186

go to all frums and scroll to the DY section

ginny

HoldTheOnions
Pashasky wrote:

Hi,

Is it a must to have TC4 with the Arduino? I have the Arduino, a thermocouple and the connecting board and also the SSR. Could i use the Artisan in such configuration? For me the courier cost will be 50% of the price of the TC4 and is relevant.

It looks like it may only be compatible with tc4, but can look into though like Ginny suggests.

http://artisan-ro...ction.html

But roastlogger software is compatible with Max chips, if you got one of those, could try that also.

http://homepage.n...tails.html

JackH
You mention a connecting board. Is it an interface from the thermocouples to the Arduino? The TC4 uses an Analog to Digital chip. The output is I2C bus.

You would have to alter the aArtisan Sketch in the Arduino to make it work with this different interface. Some programming to do.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Jump to Forum: