Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

daniboy503
· 04/05/2020 10:37 PM
i need wiring modification for westbend poppery I that has AC fan with rotary dimmer and AC fan speed control switches Thank you!

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,473
Newest Member: benhome
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Rain Revives Brazil Coffee Supply
Omega
As you know, coffee prices spiked this year due to an ongoing drought in Brazil. You can see the futures chart here.> http://www.finviz.com/futures_charts.....ashx?t=KC You can see that prices started going nuts in February and topped out in the end of October. The price decline has been pretty steep.

Here's an article that provides new information about the situation in Brazil and other major coffee producing countries. > http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12...upply.html

Maybe coffee prices will drop a bit from their recent, crazy highs!

Barry

JETROASTER
Thanks for the links. .......cautiously optimistic
Cheers, -Scott

Omega
Coffee dropped nearly 4% today, reaching a 10.5 month low. It had the most significant price decline on the futures market, too.

I should say that the small time quality coffee grower probably hasn't benefited from last year's price increase in coffee. The people that made money were coffee traders and speculators in the futures market. It would be nice to see those that work so hard get some extra money for their efforts, but that hasn't been the case with this price run-up.

Barry

Army Coffee
Coffee is sort of like Oil...No matter what, I need it to fuel me...and my car. :-)
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

North TJ-072 2kg Roaster, Hottop 8828B, Gene Cafe Roaster, Baratza Vario Grinder, Breville SmartGrinder, Behmor Brazen, Cona "D", Bialetti Moka Express, Aero-Press, Quick Mill QM67

Jump to Forum: