Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 03/21/2020 7:36 AM
Good morning homeroasters morning Everyone is hopefully staying healthy through this. Hang in there and stay safe!

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,467
Newest Member: hehevt
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello from the sunny Tampa FL area
bpeak
Hello all.

Been lurking for a few months. Getting ready to jump into some drum roaster building so I figured I'd join the fun.

Originally from central PA but now checking in from the Tampa FL area, USA. I'm really new to the coffee roasting industry. But my brother in-law has been roasting very small batches as a side venture for almost a year now.

He has asked me to help him design and build a 5kg drum roaster to help increase his capacities and start to step into some local supply opportunities. I have worked in the field of Architecture for 12 years and have all kinds of fun in AutoCAD. I've also dabbled in some design and fabrication for custom motorcycle bits. All good times.

Looking forward to learning!!

broeker
I look forward to seeing your scheme.... The roaster Im working on just fits 4-5 kg

I started with bulk density of green beans...... Allowed for 20% moisture loss and sized my drum to suit using one of the many ratios expressed on this site....... 1:1 seems a good place to start....... Good luck......

bpeak
Thanks broeker. Pleasure to meet you.

Last night I started on a revised set of drawings... generation 3 of our design... now that I have some confirmation on the approach to sizes and clearances. Stay tuned for sketches and info to come.

Cheers!

jkoll42
Great to have you on the forum! Eastern PA here..... it's cold so enjoy your warm weather!
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

bpeak
Hi Jon. Where abouts in PA? I grew up in Bloomsburg (Columbia county) and up until about 2 years ago lived in Williamsport/South Williamsport. More central PA-ish. Was getting tired of the hassle of snow. Had to fly south. :)

jkoll42
A little north of Philly - Doylestown area. I hear you about the snow. Shoveled before Thanksgiving. Love the seasons... snow not so much anymore!
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Jump to Forum: