Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 06/05/2020 5:38 PM
peveleth, It is better if you start a post in the forum with your question. These shouts go away in time.

peveleth
· 06/05/2020 3:10 PM
For Gene Cafe Roasters I have an older Gene Cafe Roaster. Temp fluctuates probably showing age. Question: For recent owners of the newer Gene Cafe Roaster, your opinions?

her63
· 06/02/2020 9:10 AM
keep healthy bro, love roaster form home

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,595
Newest Member: peveleth
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My new Kaldi (Korean Drum Roaster)
allenb

HTO posted: Hi, anyone know would 1100 watt burner be ok for this size or two 750s be better? I believe it was Allen who posted doc on power requirements, but can't find it now to save my life. Thanks for any feedback.

Here ya go

http://forum.homeroasters.org/forum/v...ad_id=3147

Depending on ambient temp and other factors there's a good chance you'll be able to get away with lower power heat sources but to have some headroom, the recommended btu/kw suggestions are most likely pretty close to where you'll want to be.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

HoldTheOnions
Thank you! It will be simpler to mount one element, so gonna give it a shot ...if I get one. Still debating. Going back and forth with new fluid roaster, but would like to try drum for a while maybe. Also contemplating a dual roast station with kaldi and new fluid bed. Hinged base so can dump Kaldi into fluid bed for cooling. :)

www.bmcharts.com/v/j49vyj.png

Geekster
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum here, but I've been roasting coffee on a Kaldi Wide for about a month now. It's an awesome little roaster, but I'm still having a hard time dialing in a profile that I like. I'm used to roasting on solid drum commercial roasters and previously was roasting on a Whirley Pop at home.

Dealing with a perforated drum and no forced airflow is difficult for me to get used to.

I'll be sure to start a thread about my new roaster.
Kaldi Wide & Whirley Pop

hansfranz
Thanks for the replies! I've gone back and forth on the Kaldi since my home built roaster is taking longer than I'd like (don't they always??), and heat gun roasting has gotten a bit old after 3 years...

hansfranz
Scratch that - no more back and forth. I'll be roasting on a Kaldi wide in the near future Grin

pafcio0
Let me say hello to you with my manual Kaldi.
Amazing little toy. Although I am still learning, it already have given me some amazing roasts.
Natural Yirga Rocko Mountain - one of my fauvorites - was undistinguishable in blind test with "proffesionaly" roasted same bean, it is pretty amazing.

i.imgur.com/cSBbBKR.jpgi.imgur.com/lROOWSw.jpg
i.imgur.com/ZYRV4lI.jpgi.imgur.com/zrGe46Z.jpg
i.imgur.com/Ieg0P3x.jpg

Jump to Forum: