Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,589
Newest Member: LiamVanderwood
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Electric heat with single range burner?
dfluke
I have one of those single standalone countertop stove burners like that are on a conventional stovetop (the coiled up burner)

I need to research specs, but before I get too far, I'm wondering if this will even be a viable heat source if I had one or two of them in a air roaster which has the inlet at the bottom, like a propane setup. I'm just a bit uneducated about gas burners and thought electric might work better for my setup. I know on Sivetz and artisan roasters they use the nichrome style heat sources.

It has been a while since I've been on the forums so I'll start looking around but thought a question specific to my burner would help the most.

Thanks

www.coffeeswitch.com
oldgearhead

dfluke wrote:

I have one of those single standalone countertop stove burners like that are on a conventional stovetop (the coiled up burner)

I need to research specs, but before I get too far, I'm wondering if this will even be a viable heat source if I had one or two of them in a air roaster which has the inlet at the bottom, like a propane setup. I'm just a bit uneducated about gas burners and thought electric might work better for my setup. I know on Sivetz and artisan roasters they use the nichrome style heat sources.

It has been a while since I've been on the forums so I'll start looking around but thought a question specific to my burner would help the most.

Thanks

If you go to; 'All Forums/Build a Roaster/Fluidbed Roaster' on this site you will find lots of information. I know stove elements have been used for roasters. However, I doubt if they are as efficient for heating air has a wire-wound unit like a laundry dryer or the more practical for roasting small loads the heat gun element.
oldgearhead attached the following image:
861-1633_large_21.jpg

dfluke
I agree with you oldgearhead. I use a heat gun currently and it does a great job.

I'm guessing that with the more surface area, the dryer elements are more effective heating air. I didn't know if anyone else had tried before I make a prototype of my own.

www.coffeeswitch.com
Jump to Forum: