Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

CharcoalRoaster
11/04/2019 1:58 AM
+1 snwcmpr

snwcmpr
11/03/2019 2:16 AM
Can we make the shoutbox UNAVAILABLE until a member has a certain number of posts?

allenb
11/01/2019 2:20 AM
Funopt, please post in the gas and electric heat sources forum

Funopt
10/30/2019 5:17 AM
Can someone help me for using forced propane burner as my heating element. I rather want to use lpg than electric. Do you think it would work

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,242
Newest Member: judionline1
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Another Propane Gas Control Method
allenb
It looks like this may be a way to control this valve. OTOH, is the noise I'm hearing coming from the valve and is it very loud? If yes, I think I would go back to 1/sec with the pulse dampening you've got now and see if it's less abrupt on pulsing. It would be a lot easier on the valve.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

klix
Hi Russ,

I'm thinking about designs for a new drum roaster build. My current drum roaster is all manual and for the new build, I want to add various levels of automation. I really like to concept that you have demonstrated here! Have you had a chance to actually test this gas setup with a roast? I'm curious to see how well it works in practice (eg. Are you able to closely follow a defined roast profile).

Lylabrown
Thanks Klix!

Unfortunately, I've been buried under a contract job for the last few months and haven't had time to work on the roaster.

In theory, the automated gas control scheme I'm testing should offer good control once the variables (combustion air intake flow, flame stability at different exhaust air / fan speeds, etc.) are accounted for. But I can't say for sure until it's actually browning beans 'on profile'.

My hope is that you, or anybody else can take some of these ideas and improve upon them for your own control setups.

Russ

klix
Hi Russ,

Hopefully you get some time to continue work on your roaster! This thread amongst others has certainly inspired me and has given me some good ideas. I am currently trying to source some parts and I'm having a hard time finding the clippard valve that you used in your setup (ET-2-12-H). I cannot find anyone on eBay with the -H version and the clippard site says out of stock. Can anyone recommend an alternative? I have been looking online and many of the similar valves that I have found are either costly or just not right. Any help to either source the same valve or something similar would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lylabrown
Hey Klix,

I got lucky when searching eBay for mine. The "H" designation never turned up in search titles or descriptions, I had to look for it in the product photos.

I did find one in a eBay search this morning that includes a digital pressure gauge.

Here's the listing: http://www.ebay.c...26_rdc%3D1

Russ
Lylabrown attached the following image:
image_110.jpg

monkey_lever
Can someone point me out where to source the manifolds and the needle valves to build a propane gas control like this one?.

Rgds.

ginny
check here or search the internet...

http://forum.home...rum_id=154

ginny

beach

Jump to Forum: