Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

snwcmpr
10/16/2019 2:52 PM
Thank you for all you guys do.

JackH
10/15/2019 2:02 AM
They seem to be after the shoutbox. They have been removed. I don't see anything in the forums.

snwcmpr
10/14/2019 3:27 PM
We have been hacked. A whole lot of posts that have filled up the whole forum.

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,196
Newest Member: donfromindy
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Roastmaster Help
clswiftman
Hello I've been using the "roastmaster" app with my bread maker / heat gun along with my ipad.
I have logged about 30 roasts. I have yet to fully understand how to use a roasting profile during a current roast?
If there is someone that could help explain how how I could set this feature up and use it to produce accurate duplications of previous roasts it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Please send me a message and perhaps we could talk together on the phone.
Thanks
Chuck

bean2friends
Yeah, I really like the Roastmaster app and I use it with 2 probes, the Bluetherm Duo and my ipad. But, there's much I don't understand and using profiles is one of those failures to understand. I watch Danny's videos but he goes too fast for me - or assumes I know more than I do or something. It's be nice to have a simple, put tab A into tab B - like this kind of instruction. If this were made in China, we'd be blaming those darn Chinese for our failure to understand.

bean2friends
Chuck,
Your question spurred me to go back and look through the Roastmaster instruction videos at Rainfoginc. There's one I gave a quick look at. It's called Creating a Profile from a Roast. And, it does go pretty fast but I think it's a good place to start. I'm going to have to go back and watch it again and see if I can use one of my old roasts to make it work.

I have another question - do you know if there's a way to simply erase a roast entirely from the data base? I like to experiment but then I end up with a roast that makes no sense at all to keep.

clswiftman
bean2friends wrote:

Chuck,
Your question spurred me to go back and look through the Roastmaster instruction videos at Rainfoginc. There's one I gave a quick look at. It's called Creating a Profile from a Roast. And, it does go pretty fast but I think it's a good place to start. I'm going to have to go back and watch it again and see if I can use one of my old roasts to make it work.

I have another question - do you know if there's a way to simply erase a roast entirely from the data base? I like to experiment but then I end up with a roast that makes no sense at all to keep.

Yes when your go into your roasts just use your finger and swipe to the left and it should show you a delete button in red just tap it.

Cheekius Geekus
Hello,
For anyone finding this thread and wondering the same thing as the original poster, there is a 23 minute screen cast available to show how to use Roasting Profiles in your workflow:

Jump to Forum: