Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
08/18/2019 4:31 AM
Awesome I sent an email to AllenB and JackH The email to JackH failed. I had screenshots of my settings.

allenb
08/18/2019 3:37 AM
Jack and I are enlisting help from our PHP site admin to try and solve as soon as possible. Thanks for letting us know.

snwcmpr
08/18/2019 2:53 AM
I got another PM last night......... No email notice.

snwcmpr
08/17/2019 7:36 AM
Email address correct. I constantly check junk folder. I turned off, then on, the setting to receive notice.

JackH
08/17/2019 7:10 AM
Also check that there are no spam filters set for email.

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,099
Newest Member: kla65
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Where are you guys from?
clswiftman
I just thought it would be interesting to see what city and state you all hail from...

Me I'm from Vancouver WA just 5 min north of Portland OR

Cheers
Chuck

ginny
Chuck,

I could not agree more; we have tried and tried to get folks to say hello in the profiles forum but it does not happen. We have a forum where are you map no one uses...

perhaps your query may help.

regards,

ginny

limb

clswiftman
Where are you from Ginny?

ginny
Hi Chuck:

I am a fifth Generation CALIFORNIAN, woohoo

crew up in Santa Monica, Brentwood, Beverly Hill's, Malibu and Zuma Beach...

moved to Scottsdale AZ in 2005, found land and home in Snowflake, AZ in 2008.

so I live in the High Desert...

ginny

roar

turtle
ginny wrote:

I am a fifth Generation CALIFORNIAN, woohoo

I grew up in the San Gabrial valley (Pasadena / San Marino area) in the early 1950's through the end of the 60's when I went off to school and for some reason only came back to visit with my parents.

Since then I've lived all over the US.

Currently own 2 homes (down from 3). One in the mid atlantic the other in new england (third one was in S Florida on the ocean). When we are not at one of these we are traveling in our micro/mini RV (Toyota).

When traveling I look for local artisan roasters and we "bend" our itinerary so that we can stop by and pick up a pound or so of fresh roasted to keep us happy.

SO....

Where I live happens to be where I am at that point in time.

I retired at age 35 and have had a great life ever since. ThumbsUp
Edited by turtle on 07/01/2014 6:00 AM
Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: Behmor 1600 +
Grinders: Modified Super Jolly - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

ginny
retired at age 35 and have had a great life ever since

you beat me, I retired at 40; bet we crossed paths in the 60's, we would all go OVER THE HILL to play...

ginny

rockon

turtle
ginny wrote:

retired at age 35 and have had a great life ever since

you beat me, I retired at 40; bet we crossed paths in the 60's, we would all go OVER THE HILL to play...

ginny

rockon

Actually I spend the evenings and nights of my adolescent years walking up and down Hollywood, Sunset, and Santa Monica Blvds or in and about Griffith Park, so if you were out and about I am sure we passed each other numerous times.

My sister lives In Peoria (AZ). Not near you but we get out to visit when we can. We looked for a place around Sedona a few years ago but my wife does not like the dry heat and there is plenty of that in AZ

ginny
sounds just like me and my buds...

we used to race down Pico or Olympic late at night in our sports cars. I had a
1959 TR3, fire engine red with gobs-o-chrome...

jeez we had fun...

ginny

cool

turtle
ginny wrote:

sounds just like me and my buds...

we used to race down Pico or Olympic late at night in our sports cars. I had a 1959 TR3, fire engine red with gobs-o-chrome...

jeez we had fun...

ginny

cool

Oh it gets better and better....

My car at that time was a 1957 XK-140-MC roadster (Jag). Custom painted with a 1967 Chrysler Imperial color, dark brier iridescent (burgundy with gold and silver metal flake).

I'm sure we raced from red light to red light more than once.

ginny
sweet car that XK - 140, if you use Mac's there is an app called 1950's Sports Cars, your Jag and my two sports cars are listed. it's a fun app, 36 cars included, you can change their color and read the blurbs about how they came about and their specifications.

love fast cars...

ginny

smoking

Koffee Kosmo
I will wave from afar ThumbsUp a great big hello from

Brisbane - Australia

KK
I home roast and I like it
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/
Bezzera Strega: Mazzer Robur Grinder: 5 Box hand grinders: Pullman Tamper Convex: (KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster: CONA Glass Rod Syphon: Pyrex Brewer:

http://koffeekosmo.com.au
clswiftman
Thanks Ginny, Turtle and KK it's always fun to get a little background on the people that you talk coffee with.
Cheers
Chuck

snwcmpr
Western North Carolina.
In a log cabin at (nearly) the end of a mountain road along side the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
In other words, not in a city. It takes me more than 30 minutes to get to town. Much longer and harder in the snow.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

Lawnmowerman
Hi, this is Ben. I reside just outside of Modesto,CA. Three miles from town. (google Wood Colony,it's not a town,just a big 50 square mile piece of agricultural land, of which Modesto is trying to annex a big chunk).thumbdown
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

JackH
You can add your location in your Profile too.

It is nice to see where you all are from. I am moving to Framingham, MA this week from Needham,MA.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

boar_d_laze
SoCal. Hami High, class of '68. My first car was a 1967 Plymouth Sport Fury, blue on blue, convertible with a 426 street hemi which I bought on the strength of Bar Mitzvah money, a lucky investment and summer jobs.

It would pass anything but a gas station, and the back seat was big enough for some fun too.

Rich
Edited by boar_d_laze on 07/08/2014 2:36 PM
USRC 1lb Roaster, Chemex+Kone, Espro, Various FPs, Royal Siphon Vacuum, Yama Ice Drip Tower, Bunnzilla, La Cimbali M21 Casa, Ceado E92.
CookFoodGood

SeabeeChief
Born in Rio Piedras Puerto Rico in 1969. Moved to NYC @6 and joined the Navy in 1987. 7 years active duty and 14 years in the Reserves. Did 2 overseas tours in Iraq and Kuwait. Living in Melbourne Florida learning all about roasting coffee. I'm roasting on a 1200W popcorn popper. I'm on my third one now. Trying to separate heat from fan and installing a 64 ramp capable PID. I have coffee in my brain.

Barrie
Born in London, 1927. Moved to Toronto in 1955, then to the San Francisco Bay area in 1969. Retired in 1994. A proud American by choice!
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

bean2friends
My real name is Dick Coffee. As a boy my friends called me bean. I thought Coffee must have been a Brazilian name. Turns out it's Irish. Born in Gary, Indiana to a steel family. Thus I spent my life moving back and forth between Indiana and Pennsylvania. Now, we live in Michigan a City, Indiana on the shores of Lake Michigan. It's a great place to live in the summer, not so great in the winter. I roast on an RK drum, but am on the threshold of buying a Huky so I can roast during those awful winters.

Jump to Forum: