Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

Koffee Kosmo
OfflineAdmin
· 08/28/2020 7:15 PM
I have updated my signature and added links to the KKTO roaster build

snwcmpr
· 08/16/2020 8:12 AM
I will say, it only happened once, briefly, to me.

NetriX
OfflineAdmin
· 08/16/2020 7:57 AM
I was blocked too, our hosting provider is dropping the ball lately. thumbdown

Koffee Kosmo
OfflineAdmin
· 08/12/2020 5:37 PM
And I thought it was just me that couldn't access the site All good now - coffee kept me company

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 08/10/2020 8:46 PM
Had to make myself another cup of coffee to get through it.

Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,740
Newest Member: natelatte
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Step-by-Step Instructions for Controllable Poppery Roaster
brennn
Hello all!

I modified a West Bend Poppery I into a controllable roaster using the Arduino and TC4. I have documented my entire build on Instructables, which is the fantastic website where users can post step-by-step instructions of the projects that they've completed. I documented my build on Instructables because I wanted to gather the build instructions and resources in one, easy to use location.

You can find my project here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Build...an-Air-Po/

I could not have completed this project without the support from this community. If any of you have any suggestions for my Instructable, areas that are too vague, improvements...definitely let me know!

MaKoMo
Could you change the link on step 4 from Artisan downloads (which is empty by now) to the main page of Artisan. From now on Artisan downloads are distributed via a GoogleDrive. Further, I think it makes sense give the readers an entry point to the main page to explain what Artisan is about.

Thanks,
Marko

JackH
You did a nice job on the instructions! I can certainly appreciate the time and effort that goes into something like this.

Your comment about the chan1,2,3,4 assignment command, is this only a problem for the artisanQ_PID software?

I am thinking that the manually entered chan assignment command is only in effect for the session and it will revert to it's default or be initialized properly by the artisan application.

Jack
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

JimG

JackH wrote:

You did a nice job on the instructions! I can certainly appreciate the time and effort that goes into something like this.

+1. Very nice job.

JackH wrote:
Your comment about the chan1,2,3,4 assignment command, is this only a problem for the artisanQ_PID software?

A couple of comments:

1. If you only have 2 thermocouples, the command format would be "chan,1200" (or "chan,2100" if you wanted to reverse the inputs without disconnecting wires). A channel identifier of 0 indicates to the aArduino sketch that that channel is not to be sampled.

2. I believe that Artisan issues an appropriately formatted "chan,xxxx" command based on the number of sensors you have selected in the Artisan menus. Perhaps Marko can confirm this?

Jim

www.pidkits.com
MaKoMo

2. I believe that Artisan issues an appropriately formatted "chan,xxxx" command based on the number of sensors you have selected in the Artisan menus. Perhaps Marko can confirm this?

Jim

Yep, on first connect to the TC4 Artisan issues a "CHAN,eb00" (or "CHAN,ebxy" if +ARDUINOTC4_34 is used in the extras device section), with e and b indicating the corresponding TC4 channels to be used as ET and BT (1-4) as configured in the ET/BT tab under "Arduino TC4". x an y are automatically assigned to the remaining 2 channels if in use, otherwise set to 0.

greencardigan

MaKoMo wrote:

Jim

Yep, on first connect to the TC4 Artisan issues a "CHAN,eb00" (or "CHAN,ebxy" if +ARDUINOTC4_34 is used in the extras device section), with e and b indicating the corresponding TC4 channels to be used as ET and BT (1-4) as configured in the ET/BT tab under "Arduino TC4". x an y are automatically assigned to the remaining 2 channels if in use, otherwise set to 0.

And I think Artisan is expecting a response from the TC4 beginning with a '#'?

The instructables documentation looks great. How is the aArtisanQ_PID code going?

brennn

The instructables documentation looks great. How is the aArtisanQ_PID code going?

Thanks Brad! Couldn't have done it without your help.

I hope to get working on the PID code very soon!

greencardigan
In Step 18 you discuss changes to the user.h file. There are probably other changes people may need to make depending on their exact setup. Filter values, max and min output values etc.

I have also made a small change to the default libraries to allow the PID parameters to be changed on the fly. See my old post here.
http://homeroasters.org/php/forum/vie...post_39131

Jump to Forum: