Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
09/18/2019 4:09 AM
JavaBob ... You will get more response if you post a question on the forum rather than the shoutbox.

Mathew
09/17/2019 5:50 AM
check out the Hive Roaster!

JavaBob
09/16/2019 4:03 PM
Has anyone used a Leister hot air blower to roast coffee and if so, which model did you use? What was your experience like?

JavaBob
09/16/2019 3:53 PM
Source for customable borosilicate glass cylinders for use as a roasting chamber?

shoron
09/06/2019 7:25 AM
how to make medium raw colored beans to dark ?

Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,137
Newest Member: AsterK
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Brazil Dry-Process Fazenda Furnas Lot One
michele
roasted on Sunday March 2

Goal was FC roast. I saw very uneven coloring during the yellow stage. I dropped heat at first crack +25 secs, but my gap to onset of SC came faster than I expected. I stopped at first crack + 3:20. The uneven coloring continued through the roast. lots of chaff.

Rest ~36 hours before my first cup. Very nice blueberry aroma in the wet grounds, and definitely in the cup. not the bomb, but very nice. Makes me want to order more and check out the other Brazilian DP beans right now.

I created some very, very interesting beans. I will be searching, but welcome any comments on the unusual cracks.

Thanks,
Michele
michele attached the following image:
brazil_dp_fazenda_furnas_lot_one_mar2.jpg

GC (red one!), Encore Baratza, Aeropress, Melitta dripper, Primula Stovetop, Yama, French press

Contrabass_Bry
Michele,

Looks about like my first roast of this one. Just roasted yesterday on the Huky.

300g charged at 400F.
Yellow @ 5:04 - 300F
1C @ 9:40 - 392F
1Ce at 11:56 - 418F
Drop @ 12:46 - 430F

Pretty sure my dragging the post-crack development was not beneficial for this bean. I should have re-read Schooley's article on the Shrub http://www.coffee...ng-brazils before I dove into this one and tried to apply a "stock" profile. Sounds like once these softer beans lose moisture the roast will quickly speed up (as you experienced.) Looks like heat would need to be cut a bit earlier.

Oh well, roast and learn.

Glad to hear you were pulling such good stuff from them, regardless. I too have high hopes for this bean.

Keep up the good work!

Jump to Forum: