Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 03/21/2020 7:36 AM
Good morning homeroasters morning Everyone is hopefully staying healthy through this. Hang in there and stay safe!

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 1
JackH

Total Members: 6,467
Newest Member: hehevt
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hey! I am from Tampa, FL
IntrepidQ3
Happy Holidays and New Year!

I dove headfirst in to this rabbit hole about a month ago. I was pointed to this forum about a week ago and have not had the time till now to post. I feel I have learned a lot about roasting so far, but feel like I have learned nothing at the same time. Funny how that works out. This place seems like a wonderful resource for a budding roasting enthusiast!

Currently I am roasting in an West Bend Air Crazy popcorn popper. This was a cheap and great away to get started, but after roasting a little over 5lbs I am ready to upgrade to something that could handle a little more weight! I will have to do some searching on this site to see what others are using.

As of now I am not favoring a specific bean, I am still exploring the magnitude of flavors from various countries. I am loving the journey so far never knew coffee was so complex! Though, if I had to pick one that I would have to say it would be the Ethiopiques Blend from SM.

Look forward to diving into this forum! woohoo

Bonsai Doug
Hello! I love the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete areas of Florida; lots of friends and relatives there.

I too started on the Air Crazy, and still using it. But I see a Behmor 1600 in my very near future. The Ethiopiques Blend and the Liquid Amber have been my favorite espresso blends so far.

Gotta love this hobby!

snwcmpr
Hobby!!!!
I wish it was just a hobby. . . . (Just kidding)

Welcome to the group. I started a few years ago with a popper, then a HotTop, now I use a well made air roaster with controllable propane heat and a controllable fan that roasts in a glass tube. Temperature readouts help me know what is going on, I am not one that can use my senses, as others here can do so well. 1 pound batches and am finding coffee tastes soooo much better.

I've never been to Tampa, but have friends, from there, that come up here, Smoky Mountains, a couple times a year.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

Jump to Forum: