Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

snwcmpr
10/16/2019 2:52 PM
Thank you for all you guys do.

JackH
10/15/2019 2:02 AM
They seem to be after the shoutbox. They have been removed. I don't see anything in the forums.

snwcmpr
10/14/2019 3:27 PM
We have been hacked. A whole lot of posts that have filled up the whole forum.

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,196
Newest Member: donfromindy
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Where can I get a decent cup of coffee around here?
Lawnmowerman
I am starting this thread so people can share what they believe are good local coffee vendors. I have found one near where I live that I believe is exceptional. I had been buying doppio ristrettos from them for 2.50. Thought Id take a chance with a pour over. VERY IMPRESSED! Hario pourover. I watched the barista as he tediously performed all the rituals that are needed to make a good cup of coffee. Including making sure any residual grounds were not in the grinder, pre wetting the filter. I paid 3,40 for a cup with barely 10 oz! WORTH EVERY PENNY! Something called bonco ethiopean natural. Roasted by olympia roasting company out in washington state. I returned to purchase a 12 oz bag forr16.30. Once again worth every penny. Roast date on bag two days prior! The barista told me if it doesnt have a roast date they dont carry it. The shop is called. PRESERVATION COFFEE AND TEA and is @ 10th and J street downtown Modesto, Ca.
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

Lawnmowerman
I do nor know of any other shops in my area that are on the same level as this one. They sell Hario, aeropress, and a few other products i would consider to fill the coffee snob niche. Please feel free to post away @any time to this thread if you have found that special coffee place. If you are anywhere near Modesto,Ca when you vacation, give them a try. I havent found any other stores that even come close! My second choice is so far down the ladder i wont even mention them. Im eaget to here if any comparable shops exist elswhere in the country. They are certainly few and far between!

ginny
3.40 a cup in modesto, NOT...

hey, I can say anything I want about California; I am a fifth generation Californian.

there is not a cup of coffee in the state worth 3.40...

ginny

smoking

Lawnmowerman
We pay for what we like. As far as i know, they are the only game intown. Im glad there arent more coffee snobs or all the shops would charge more. But... as a special treat, i did buy the one cup. I dont go far and wide searching for a good cup of coffee. But i would never buy somethingfrom a discount outlet. One more point id like to make: how many self proclaimed coffee snobs go to s-bucks and pay even more?

ginny
how many self proclaimed coffee snobs go to s-bucks and pay even more?

you did not mention charbucks or coffee snobs. I am not a coffee snob nor do I go to charbucks.

a fattie, lattie, jumbo with creamo is not coffee ever - so yes in that sense I am a coffee snob.

I enjoy plain old espresso, just the coffee thanks.

with the price of coffee at an all time low I think 3.40 is a bit much for a cup, you asked and I replied. regardless of what was paid for the beans, 3.40 is too much when you average out plain old beans with your 3.40 cup, 3.40 is still too high.

if I happened to be in the armpit of california for any length of time maybe I would pay 3.40...

ginny

beach

oldgearhead
how many self proclaimed coffee snobs go to s-bucks and pay even more?

if I happened to be in the armpit of california for any length of time maybe I would pay 3.40...

ginny

beach[/quote]
I don't know about you, but I would be glad to pay $25.00 for a cup of
Joe in LaJolla about now. It was 10°F here this AM..Dana point, here
I come...
No oil on my beans...

Airhan
I live next to Coda Coffee, Roast magazines macro roaster of the year, I've even met the brothers who own it. They are very nice people and gave me some free stuff, but I am not impressed with their coffee. Moreover, I worked at coffee shop that used Coda's beans... and bought them preground Shock

There are good places to get coffee around denver though, Novo has the best coffee that I know of, its to expensive for me though. I do get a cortado every now and then however. I did make a promise to myself that as long as I can roast my own coffee and brew it at home I won't go out and buy it... espresso is the exception though.

I don't know anything about coffee in cali unfortunately.
Aaron
"Grind it like it did you some great injustice!"D.L.Clark
"Not all who wander are lost."J.R.R. Tolkien

snwcmpr
Asheville, NC.
Waking Life Espresso does a very good cupajoe.
Pour over and espresso. Coffee roasted by our own member endlesscycles.
It's worth a stop (nearly) every time I am in 'the big city'.
I have to say that the coffee there keeps me inspired to improve my roasting.

Ken in NC
California is too big to not have good coffee SOMEWHERE.
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

ginny
California and most others states have great coffee. I am saying that they are not worth 3.40 per cup.

-g

snwcmpr
I will say I have had a cup that was worth that much.
Only at a retail price, in a coffee shop. The flavor was extraordinary.
At home, mine are pennies per cup. And also extraordinary.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

Bodka Coffee
Hey I've been to Waking Life! Think maybe I had a latte. Or an espresso. Can't remember. Their is only about 1 coffee shop within about 40 miles of me. And they buy from me. So I hope they have good coffee.ThumbsUp
USRC 5 kg

Www.bodkacoffee.com
Jump to Forum: