Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
· 04/08/2020 7:42 AM
daniboy... You will best get an answer if you post in the forum. And the reply will be available afterwards, also.

daniboy503
· 04/05/2020 10:37 PM
i need wiring modification for westbend poppery I that has AC fan with rotary dimmer and AC fan speed control switches Thank you!

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

Users Online
Guests Online: 7

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,479
Newest Member: Megaomgchen
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The dreaded E1 Error this AM on GC
gene
Oh no not again. Got E1 last year and had to replace the gears in the drive system. Was my fault as I was cleaning one roast while machine was in cooling phase and playing music with ear buds in. Drum dropped and gears stripped.

This AM, 39 degrees, had GC on back deck inside large shipping container with exhaust hole for 4' dryer vent cut out of one corner. Turned on and instantly got E1. I leave GC stored outside in plastic container with secure lid and it was 21 degrees last nite..

I immediately made plans in my mind to go to bank tomorrow to arrange funding for the Quest 3 which have been studying. Really not ready yet as can't justify til after New Years.

Brought inside on newspaper on kitchen table ready to take apart. Dialed up HR and found something back in 2007. Someone was trying to operate GC in cold and was getting E1 error. YEAH!

Went back in kitchen and turned on and was still getting E1. Waited 20 minutes and presto! It had warmed up.

Whew, now won't have to make an argument with wife over the planned Quest yet.
Have told her that Tim Skaling has left as GC customer service agent and our GC is getting near the end of its life, etc.

After one of Ginny's posts have decided to upgrade the fan unit over stove and the prob of roasting outside will be solved. But, unlike her, may still not be able to "suck up a 75 pound dog". LOL

ginny
Gene:

Barrie has an entire thread on his E1 error issues. perhaps it will help you...

-g

JackH
Sounds like the electronics got too cold. Also condensation can be an issue if left outside.

If you have to roast out on the deck, just bring it back inside for storage when you are done roasting.

allenb
I'm wondering if the Gene has an ambient sensor that will lock the roaster out if the temperature is below X temp like the Behmor does? I had the same issue with my Behmor when ambient was colder than the mid 30's F. As soon as I let it warm up a bit the error code went away.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

ginny
not important for him no I guess...

g

Jump to Forum: