Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

mtbizzle
· 08/03/2020 11:26 AM
There is (or was? Grin ) a gesha at sweet marias...

snwcmpr
· 07/25/2020 12:31 PM
I ran out of Ethiopian Gesha.

snwcmpr
· 07/25/2020 12:31 PM
it is ok. I do not remember. I think it was a callout to the spam shout.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 07/24/2020 3:52 PM
Sorry Ken, I deleted your shout by mistake. Lots of shoutbox spam attacks lately.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 07/04/2020 10:27 AM
Happy 4th of July! jazzyhands

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,674
Newest Member: thangpres
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello from Northern California
firstcrack
Hi, my name is Brian and I have been roasting for six years. Started on an air roaster, iRoast2. Moved to a Hot Top a year ago, love it and still use it today. But I recently purchased an Ambex YM-2. Its set up, in the process of seasoning the drum but have questions / learning.

I recently returned from a three day roasting course with Stephen Diedrich, very excellent class.

I sell direct retail, no store front yet but looking.
Brian King
Roaster / Owner
First Crack Roasters

www.firstcrack.co
ciel-007

firstcrack wrote:

... started on an air roaster, iRoast2. Moved to a Hot Top a year ago, love it and still use it today. But I recently purchased an Ambex YM-2...

Hi Brian and welcome to HRO.
The Ambex YM-2 looks like a wonderful roaster. Did you find it somewhat intimidating jumping from a small HT to a much larger Ambex?
ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK�NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

ciel-007

firstcrack wrote:

... the flame is very cool with eight burners that let off a really nice blue glow.

Brian, you know how to make a fellow roaster feel envious of you.. ThumbsUpLOL
ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK�NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

ginny
hey guys,

you should take your roasting talk to the roasting/roaster forums because they will get lost here,

thanks,

ginny

greenman

Lawnmowerman
Brian... Ben here. Also in northern Ca. What is your location?
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

firstcrack
I am in Vacaville, a city smack between SF and Sacramento. You?
Brian King
Roaster / Owner
First Crack Roasters

www.firstcrack.co
Lawnmowerman
Brian. im from Modesto. Manteca originally. Ive heard of Vacaville. Never been to.
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

Jump to Forum: