Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

her63
· 06/02/2020 9:10 AM
keep healthy bro, love roaster form home

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,592
Newest Member: YUGEE
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Goss gas Pressure
J-ROD
Would anyone that is using or has used a goss bp-3 on a Roaster Rob type roaster be willing to share what kind of gas pressure they have ran? I'm looking to roast in the 2.5-5 pound range finished. Just trying to decide whether to get the Goss regulator or one of those 30 psi types.... I've only roasted electric so I don't know. I do not want to reinvent a very well balanced wheel, just to use what I have locally available. Thanks in advance!
-Jarrett

Dan
Jarrett, I can't help you with the Goss, but I have a Sieverts and homemade burner about the same size and I run mine at 1-3 psi. The orifice determines the pressure range. If the flame comes out the burner and then silently turns upward the pressure is too low. If the flame is long, blue, well-formed and makes a whoosing sound, it is just right. If the flame sounds like a jet engine and the base of the flame is outside the burner, the pressure is too high.

If the "just right" flame is too hot or too cold for your roasting, then change the orifice size.

hope this helps, Dan
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.

http://www.intactamerica.org
J-ROD
Thanks for sharing your experience! I will (hopefully) get to testing this weekend. If I will be operating in the 1-5 psi range that would be great. I just want to have enough power for steep ramps..... Sounds like 30 psi is plenty.

Jump to Forum: