Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,205
Newest Member: komodo
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Buy the Used Behmor
Yes! Snap that baby up a.s.a.p.! Yes! Snap that baby up a.s.a.p.! 80%[4 Votes]
I'd pass. I'd pass. 20%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 5
 Print Thread
Used Behmor: Yes or No?
MassWineGuy
I just began roasting my own beans on an original, unmodded (except for decoupling the fan and heater) Poppery and I love what I'm getting. I feel sure that I'll continue to roast at home.

I have an opportunity to buy an eight month old Behmor 1600 in excellent condition. I've seen it, and the one roast I observed appeared to go perfectly. One of its best features is its large capacity drum. I understand that the automated roast profiles don't allow a wide range of versatility, but understand that you can still roast a lot of great coffee.

Should I buy it?

allenb
To better equip us to give a more qualified answer you should provide a few details as to your goals with roasting.

-Will this be your one and only roaster for the foreseeable future?

-Are you sure you'll be fine with no user input and no roast status feedback during roast sessions other than initial settings and possibly hitting the plus button for extra time?

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

MassWineGuy
Allen, yes to question 1 (other than my Poppery I) and probably for question 2.

ginny
I think MWG has posted his thoughts on this roaster.

I am not sure why you have waited. It is a great roaster. If it is in the condition you say, grab it...

if you hesitate why, are you afraid to roast beyond what you have done? It is scary.

Do it.

For me there is no question, you want to move beyond your popper, you got a great deal on a Behmor...

buy it and call us in the morning.

ginny

Roflmao

MassWineGuy
Thanks, Ginny. No. Im not afraid to roast beyond my attempts so far. I'm even thinking of starting a micro (maybe double micro) roasting operation for a few folks in my town. That's after I have a lot more skill and knowledge.

I'm going for it!

ginny
MWG,

you are a great roaster already.

thanks for joining this bunch, we appreciate your spirit...

keep us posted and we love pictures of member roasting setups.

-g

Jump to Forum: