Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 1
primarist

Total Members: 6,202
Newest Member: Brad1969
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
NEED Coffee Talker for Country Living
ginny
http://www.living...ylife.com/

Jodi has emailed me an asked for an interview and I need a coffee expert
to do the interview.

If you are available NEXT WEEK for a 10 minute interview please email me, address below.

thanks,

ginny

[email protected]

>>>My name is Jodi Henke and I am the writer and host of a national radio program called "Living the Country Life". It is the largest rural radio network in the nation, and airs twice daily on over 300 stations in 37 states from coast-to-coast. The program is run by Meredith Corporation in Des Moines, Iowa (Better Homes & Gardens, Successful Farming, etc.)

Our targeted audience is people who live on small acreages.

I would like to do a taped phone interview with you regarding a segment I'm working on called "Home Roasting Coffee". The questions I would ask include how to source beans and how to choose the variety you want, equipment needed for roasting, basic directions of how to roast the beans, etc.

The interview should only take about 10-minutes, and after it's finished, I'll write a couple of scripts, a 2-minute version and a :40 version, and then email them to you for approval. Once I get them back from you, I will voice them. The segment will run sometime during the week of June 3rd.

After it airs, you'll be able to hear it on our website. And of course, we'll include a link to your website. If you haven't had a chance to listen to any of our radio programs yet, please visit livingthecountrylife.com and click on the "radio" tab.
<<<
Edited by ginny on 04/12/2013 7:03 AM

ciel-007
ginny wrote:

http://www.living...ylife.com/

Jodi has emailed me an asked for an interview and I need a coffee expert to do the interview.

Ginny, why don't you do it? Given your long track record here at HRO,
I think you would do a superb job for this particular audience.
Ciel

jazzyhands
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK�NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

JackH
I agree, Ginny would be my first choice.

ginny
Gentlemen, thank you very much but I am not a straight interview person.

My mind goes way too fast to be an effective interview. It's had for me to just answer the question...

again thank you for your kind words.

love ya all,

ginny

smoking

coffeeroastersclub
My belief is that the interviewee be a long standing member of this site with super admin 5 stars. ThumbsUp

If not Ginny, then who else could fill that "requirement"?

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

http://www.coffeeroastersclub.com
ginny
Len:

I agree for the most part. I put it out to see if we had any interest from the membership because that's just what I do... I like to hear from all and give everyone a chance.

While I do not believe that we administrators are the only ones to talk about home roasting, I understand your point that this person is representing us as HRO.

I have decided to limb and do the interview myself.

Thank you all for your kindness and support. It is great to have another national publication come to us for some roasting input. We live coffee and it must show out there...

love ya ,

ginny

jedovaty
How about allenb, jimg, or john d, bvwlech? roar

Ooops - I didn't read, Ginny is doing the interview herself :) You go girl!

ginny
They all would be great choices but I needed to firm this up today and act so you guys get me and Brett...

ginny

party

coffeeroastersclub
Ginny, you will do fine. Do the public speaker trick, except where it comes to an audience you are speaking to just envision that your interviewer is wearing no clothes.

Roflmao

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

ginny
Len:

your a very funny guy...

I used to do a radio show a couple of times a week in San Luis Obispo, CA. -
loved it and had a great time.

Thanks for your support Len.

gin

beach

coffeeroastersclub
ginny wrote:

Len:

your a very funny guy...

I used to do a radio show a couple of times a week in San Luis Obispo, CA. -
loved it and had a great time.

Thanks for your support Len.

gin

beach

I love your smilies, they are the best.

Len

ginny
Len:

I am delighted you like our/my smileys...

they are all there and I continue to look for more clever and unique items to add but they have come with price.

flack is the operative word.

"they take up too much room,"
"they are not like what other forums have (duh),
"can't we just be like everyone else? NO,"

the problem I am facing is that there is a limit to space within the php code; I need to find it and change it or switch some around at times but if I do that then the smiley that gets set aside is removed from the posts it was added to...

see the terrible things I face on a daily basis???

gin

roar

I love Igor the dragon...

coffeeroastersclub
ginny wrote:

Len:

I am delighted you like our/my smileys...

they are all there and I continue to look for more clever and unique items to add but they have come with price.

flack is the operative word.

"they take up too much room,"
"they are not like what other forums have (duh),
"can't we just be like everyone else? NO,"

the problem I am facing is that there is a limit to space within the php code; I need to find it and change it or switch some around at times but if I do that then the smiley that gets set aside is removed from the posts it was added to...

see the terrible things I face on a daily basis???

gin

roar

I love Igor the dragon...

Here is a new one you can add to the HRO repertoire: smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/smooning_smiley_mooning_100-107.gif

woohoo

Len

ginny
oh Len, you want me in so much trouble...

I actually have that one and have debated.

there is a thin line between what I think is just totally funny and what other folks think is funny...

you have given me courage. I will use farty as soon as I figure out how to add space for all of the wonderful, colorful smileys...

thanks, I signed up on your site, you have some very cool roasters.

ginny

Paris 1994 and a smoking

coffeeroastersclub
ginny wrote:

oh Len, you want me in so much trouble...

I actually have that one and have debated.

there is a thin line between what I think is just totally funny and what other folks think is funny...

you have given me courage. I will use farty as soon as I figure out how to add space for all of the wonderful, colorful smileys...

thanks, I signed up on your site, you have some very cool roasters.

ginny

Paris 1994 and a smoking

The world would be a much better place if people would just lighten up (their farts...). Ha ha.

Len

Jump to Forum: