Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

snwcmpr
10/16/2019 2:52 PM
Thank you for all you guys do.

JackH
10/15/2019 2:02 AM
They seem to be after the shoutbox. They have been removed. I don't see anything in the forums.

snwcmpr
10/14/2019 3:27 PM
We have been hacked. A whole lot of posts that have filled up the whole forum.

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,196
Newest Member: donfromindy
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello HomeRoasters
mp
Hi,

My name is Mike and new here but not new to coffee roasting. I usually spend my time at another site and some members suggested I check this site out for specific information regarding roasting automation.

I don't know what else to say except maybe I will state my specific purpose in joining this group. I have in mind of building a ST/GG (stir crazy/galloping gourmet) type roaster. I was curious and starting asking questions on another site I belong to about setting up automation for roaster control and data logging. The members pointed me here and suggested investigating a device called the TC4C-Built. I have many questions and concepts to learn and do not have an electrical engineering background but I am fascinated with the idea of the build and control of the ST/GG unit. Hopefully some of the good people here can guide this young child in the new playground?

Would someone be king enough to point me in the appropriate direction to start a new post about this?

Thank you very much in advance.

ThumbsUp

allenb
Howdy Mike,

Great to have you on board! You've come to the right place in deed!

We've got plenty of control geeks here that will be able to guide you to your destination of getting control of what ever roaster you end up with.

Go to the Navigation heading (left side of the page), drop down to DISCUSSION FORUM, within discussion forum go to All About Roasting and a ways down go to " Dataloggers/Controllers/Rate of Rise Meters" click on that then at the top of it you'll see "New Thread" button. Click it, give the thread a title and post away! Be sure to be specific with questions and don't be shy. Most of us respond pretty quickly but on weekends we're usually roasting, BBQng or drinking beer so it may take longer than weekdays. bbq

Cheers,

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

mp
Hi Allen,

Thank you for the quick and thorough response.

Your instruction were a cinch to follow and I am going to go there right now to get started.

Oh yeah ... don't sweat the weekends ... they only come along every 5 days.

Thank you again for your quick, helpful post.

good post

Jump to Forum: