Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 05/27/2020 3:01 PM
Does it happen with all threads or certain one?

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,585
Newest Member: RPirie_CedarOta
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Starbucks buys own coffee farm...
ginny
http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/...rowing-biz

this is rich...

-g

coffee drink NOT

JETROASTER
Would this remove the *$ beans from the regular futures trading roller-coaster? -Scott

coffeeroastersclub
I am kind of surprised that they waiting as long as they have. I would bet that the beans will be marketed in some special way to fetch a higher price than their usual offerings.

roar

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

http://www.coffeeroastersclub.com
ginny
My guess is the same, they want to have a specialty, specialty coffee that
they can/will market at a very high price.

The issue I see is that it will only be high priced garbage...

It took them 20 years to "discover" blonde, how blonde is that?

-g

party

andrewbird
They're saying that they bought the farm so that they can experiment on ways to combat Coffee Rust. If that's true, that's awesome. Coffee Rust is devastating the crops in Costa Rica and is spreading through all Central America.

And it kind of makes sense that it could be a true motive. Their whole business depends on being able to buy a lot of coffee, so it is in their best interest to solve the coffee rust problem.

And they have more money to throw at the problem than anyone else, so in my mind, this is actually pretty exciting news. I'm rooting for them!
:trink25:

Jump to Forum: