Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,587
Newest Member: Boki
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Anyone put a data logger on the Gene?
Steve Egge

Barrie wrote:

Presumably, the closer you get to the metal housing, the more will the probe reflect its temperature, rather than that of the air flow?

The exit housing is plastic ... the longer the length of the probe exposed to the heat ... the higher the temp reads ... that's how I look at it ... but who knows ... might be longer length puts the tip more into the downoward air flow out into the chaff collector and maybe it is warmer there.

steve
Santoker Rev 500, Baratza Vario-W, HG-One, Bunn Trifecta MB, AeroPress, Londinium I

Barrie
Does a thermocouple probe not just measure at the tip?
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

Steve Egge

Barrie wrote:

Does a thermocouple probe not just measure at the tip?

The thermocouple on the gene is different ... bigger .. than I have seen ... I would think it would measure on the tip ... but wonder ... might have to play with an external probe threaded up through the opening where the chaff collector should be and try various positions. I have a hand held probe from SM ... will get to it this weekend.

Steve
Santoker Rev 500, Baratza Vario-W, HG-One, Bunn Trifecta MB, AeroPress, Londinium I

Jump to Forum: