Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Proaster PRE-50
allenb
Interesting fluidbed type roaster from Korea.

Allen
Edited by allenb on 04/23/2019 2:10 PM
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

greencardigan
Quite interesting! I assume the heated air is coming down the centre column then coming out some slots?

Allen, could you change the YouTube tag to video tags in your post so it shows up.

greencardigan
www.frcndigital.com/coffee/scaa2011/ProasterAirRoast.jpg

And some more info here http://www.taehwa...oaster.php

allenb
greencardigan wrote:

Quite interesting! I assume the heated air is coming down the centre column then coming out some slots?

Allen, could you change the YouTube tag to video tags in your post so it shows up.

Not sure on the layout of the discharge end of the tube. What's causing the rotation? Hmmm.

I've changed it to video tag but I'm curious, what is the difference in how you see the video?

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

greencardigan
allenb wrote:

I've changed it to video tag but I'm curious, what is the difference in how you see the video?

Allen

With the youtube tags nothing shows except a big space where the video should be. But maybe that's just when viewed from my iPhone?
Edited by greencardigan on 11/24/2012 7:08 AM

lmclaren
I wonder what a 5 minute roast tastes like?

I expect the short time is more for throughput instead of flavor.

lmclaren
I expect there are no slots at the bottom of the column, instead is stops slightly short, maybe with a flare on the end and the mound in the center of the base plate (visible when it dumps the beans) directs the air to the outside causing the bean movement.

The size of the machine behind the roast chamber is unbelievable, must be a lot of spare room in there.

Lee

greencardigan
It seems to have the beans rotating fairly strongly. I wouldnt have thought that just a gap under the tube would cause such a strong circular bean movement.

This style roaster could be useful if you couldn't source glass tube that was open on both ends. You would have to forgo the bean dumping feature though.

lmclaren
yes, an interesting design, would not be hard to replicate.

tamarian
I missed this thread (I haven't seen this sub-forum before).

I don't get how this bean movement is achieved. Just directing the air with the column being slightly shorter will push the beans toward the glass, not in a circular motion like the video shows.

There must be more to it...
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F

http://english.varietalcafe.com
allenb
Yes, the bean movement is mysterious indeed! Spiral baffle in the tube like in a hot water heater flue?

We recently added the "store bought" drum and fluidbed forums and I moved this and other posts from the "other roasters" forum.

Allen

Jump to Forum: