Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

her63
· 06/02/2020 9:10 AM
keep healthy bro, love roaster form home

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,593
Newest Member: goat4hooves
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
any idea about the gap between bean temp and gene temp?
freewillow
First crack never appears @ 196°C (385°F) as mentionned in the litterature. I understand that this is because there is a difference between the gene temperature and the bean internal temp. In fact FC never appears if the gene temp is fixed below 220°C (428°F).

As anyone any idea about the differnece in temp between the gene and the beans, knowing of course that this difference is variable when temperature progresses. Thanks pouring

John Despres
It's not constant, but the difference can be anywhere from 50 - 70 degrees.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
freewillow
Hi John, my take is that you are talking Farenheit, right? So 10 to 20°C?

ginny
Hi:

I would say John i pretty spot on about the temp range but it can be higher depending on where your are, the temp around you, your power source.

so I would go 5 to 25, I think someone here has use a probe to test bean temp, let me see if I can find it for you freewillow.

-g

rockon

freewillow
Thank you Ginny, this info would help a lot. You are talking degree Celsius, right?

John Despres
Yep, Fahrenheit.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
ginny
yes freewillow, Celsius,

have a great weekend...

bbq

Jump to Forum: