Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,587
Newest Member: Boki
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gene Cafe Fuse
troposcuba
So anyone had the fuse blow on their GC? I thought I did after checking that the wall outlet was working and the machine just stopped and would not turn on. A little investigation showed that the fuse had somehow popped out (should take a screwdriver to turn the fuse holder). I put it back in and hit the power and got about a second of power before it shutdown again. I pulled it out again and looked to see if I could tell if it was blown. It did not appear to be blown (hard to tell because the thing is solid white, and you can't see the element like most fuses). I put it back in, and it is good to go now. Strange. Good news is that it happened during the pre-heat cycle so I did not ruin any of the Bali Kintamani that I intended to roast.

That is all, Just thought it was strange.
Sean

Barrie
With a fuse of that type, I would put an ohm meter or multimeter across it. Zero ohms indicates an intact fuse.
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

troposcuba
Barrie, I didn't get to the level of actual diagnostic evaluation. I was still in poke, shake, rattle, wiggle it to see if it will start working mode. I suppose the few seconds to break out the multimeter would have eliminated the question, although as long as it works, I don't much care.
Sean

troposcuba
Barrie, I didn't get to the level of actual diagnostic evaluation. I was still in poke, shake, rattle, wiggle it to see if it will start working mode. I suppose the few seconds to break out the multimeter would have eliminated the question, although as long as it works, I don't much care.
Sean

troposcuba
Sean

troposcuba
Sean

troposcuba
Sean

troposcuba
Sean

troposcuba
Sean

troposcuba
Sean

troposcuba
Sean

troposcuba
Sean

troposcuba
sorry bout the duplicate posts. Internet at work was was having issues today. I only hit the post button one time and... well, you see the result. I would delete them if I could figure out how.
Sean

Jump to Forum: