Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

Gigimedrano
04/17/2019 6:33 AM
Hi guys, my hot top has stripper a gear.. ive only had it for a lil over a year now hot top wants 120+ for a new motor and gearbox assembly any idea? Is this normal year and some Months dont seem lik

Ray Kahuna
04/16/2019 8:04 AM
has anyone built an adjustable coffee grind press?

Nitesh
04/01/2019 10:04 PM
Hello, I have been trying to get in contact with manufacturer of HB roaster in China but failed until now. Does anyone have idea who is the manufacturer of HB roaster in China?

allenb
03/30/2019 3:46 AM
Spammer babble from me and others have been removed from Centrifugal Roasters Thread. From here on we will toss them immediately. ThumbsUp

jpworks
03/27/2019 11:15 PM
What’s the preferred way to upload pics from iPhone?

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,912
Newest Member: Breger1
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Another TC4 Controller Enclosure
Bhante
greencardigan wrote:
I think it has level conversion built in to the adapter board that the Bluetooth module mounted on.

The one in your link says "Voltage : 3.3 (2.7V-4.2V)". Maybe it will suddenly fail after a few months if you use it on 5V!? Some of them say 3.3-6V on the back of the board, some say 3.3-4.2, some say nothing at all. If in doubt you can get a level changer such as this http://www.ebay.c...1192544701. It pays to be a little cautious with stuff from China and to read the smallprint carefully!

I'll look forward to playing around with your Android code!

Bhante
Edited by Bhante on 03/17/2013 11:27 PM

Bhante
greencardigan wrote:
Strangely, I have another couple of similar bluetooth modules from DX that I can't get working.

Looking around a bit on the internet there seem to be some problems with the HC06, and especially from DX. try looking here: http://arduino.cc...c=111080.0 especially the blog link at the bottom. Maybe you can change the firmware and turn it into the HC05. The HC06 is the older version, HC05 is the newer version according to JY-MCU.

greencardigan
Hmm you're probably right. I should look into these level changers. Actually I have just purchased 4 of the ones in your link :)

I also have this Arduino bluetooth shield from DX which I assume must do the level conversion on board.

http://dx.com/p/a...een-138098

And I have attached my Andriod app and source code. Let me know how it goes. The code is a modified version of the Bluetooth Chat sample file.
greencardigan attached the following files:
tc4.zip [117.09kB / 154 Downloads]
tc4apk.zip [23.34kB / 143 Downloads]

Bhante
greencardigan wrote:
And I have attached my Andriod app and source code. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks. I've installed the apk but I can't do anything until my bluetooth arrives (just ordered it). I installed the android SDK a few months ago but haven't tried using it yet, so this will be a good opportunity.

You decided not to try plotting the output on the android, or is that too complicated in android? I started to suggest there is unfortunately no version of Processing for Android but I checked and there IS - however it seems the serial library doesn't work for Android, so it looks like its not much use to us for now.

Android programming is pretty difficult to get started on! Is your device Android 7, or is that just coming from the Bluetooth Chat example? I was getting compiler compliance errors.

greencardigan
Eventually I want to include data logging and graphing on the android device. But this is quite possibly too complicated for me. It took a fair bit of head scratching to get the Bluetooth chat example to do what I wanted. This was my first attempt at programming for android.

Are you using the Eclipse IDE? There's an option there somewhere to 'Clear lint markers' which seems to help with errors that appear each time I open the project.

I can't recall if I set it to Android 7 or if that came from the Bluetooth chat. I don't actually have an android device at the moment! I tested it on my brothers phone but I hope to pick up one of the new 5" phones soon. I'm thinking that the big screens should provide enough space for a graph as well as buttons.

Bhante
greencardigan wrote:
Are you using the Eclipse IDE?

I have installed Eclipse, but I am way out of my depth here! I just don't have enough knowledge of these things.

greencardigan
Bhante wrote:

greencardigan wrote:
I think it has level conversion built in to the adapter board that the Bluetooth module mounted on.

The one in your link says "Voltage : 3.3 (2.7V-4.2V)". Maybe it will suddenly fail after a few months if you use it on 5V!? Some of them say 3.3-6V on the back of the board, some say 3.3-4.2, some say nothing at all. If in doubt you can get a level changer such as this http://www.ebay.c...1192544701. It pays to be a little cautious with stuff from China and to read the smallprint carefully!

I'll look forward to playing around with your Android code!

Bhante

I got my level converter modules in the mail today and they work a treat. My 'non working' bluetooth module is now working well. Thanks for the advice!

Bhante
greencardigan wrote:
My 'non working' bluetooth module is now working well.

Glad you got it working, and nice that it simply stopped working on 5V instead of self-destructing. I'm still waiting for my blueteeth.

ginny
Brad:

that is one fine bit of work. I love what you have done. If I can get my mind back together I want to build a box like that...

thanks so much for sharing all of this with us we all appreciate it...

ginny

greenman

monkey_lever
Brad.

I cannot see the images that you uploaded to this thread can you/somebody see the images? If yes can you share it with me by pm or uploading again.

Rgds.

ginny
Helllo:

I am trying to solve the link/image issue.

sorry for any trouble.

ginny

JackH
I think Brad mentioned a while ago that his server with all his images went down. I am not sure if he is rebuilding/repairing it or not.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

greencardigan
That's correct Jack. I'll try to find my pics and upload them here.

monkey_lever
Thanks all for your quick response.

JackH
Brad, I would be glad to help you edit and restore them. If the file names are the same it should be easy to match them to where they belong.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

ginny
Jack:

I have written to Brad, nothing so far and I told him the same. the links go to outside that is no longer available.

-g

greencardigan
Sorry I can't find any of the photos of the controller. When I get a chance I'll take some new photos.

I did find my wiring diagram showing how everything is connected.
greencardigan attached the following image:
brads_tc4-wiring-small-20150601.jpg

monkey_lever
Brad.

Thanks for the diagram. The only part that I cannot pictured in my head is how did you connect the bigger display to the LCD adapter and the buttons..

Rgds.

greencardigan
I have used the LCDapter board which is connects with the 4 wire I2C connection as shown in the diagram. The 4x20 display uses the same pins as a 2x16 display.

The LCDapter allows the LCD and buttons to be attached to it.

I got mine from Jim here http://www.mlgp-l...o-pcb.html

greencardigan
I took a few quick photos of the controller today. The inside is a bit of a wiring mess!
greencardigan attached the following images:
_dsc9467.jpg _dsc9466.jpg _dsc9465.jpg _dsc9468.jpg

Jump to Forum: