Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 03/21/2020 7:36 AM
Good morning homeroasters morning Everyone is hopefully staying healthy through this. Hang in there and stay safe!

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,581
Newest Member: sheridansparks
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
all about roasting
Marvin gellar
I just purchase Gene Cafe I almost had a fire with anoter brand last week I have now installed a edxuast system which swill be hooked up to my Thermadore vent system will this take most of the smoke swife is not happy over last sweek incident any info as hows to operfate time and cool will be appreciated

Marvin gellar

ciel-007
Hello Marvin welcome to HRO. The GC excels among its peers by providing complete control of the roasting process with precision time and temperature dials. However, many new GC owners, including myself, have experienced challenges during early roasts – namely, spending a lot of time and wasting coffee, developing a “feel” for how the GC’s roasting process works. Here’s summary of how I went about trying to master my GC.

http://homeroasters.org/php/forum/vie...ad_id=2836
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK�NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

ginny
ciel:

thanks so much for taking time to post this for marvin. I forget how much information we have and the proper lace to send new members.

have a great Sunday...

ginny

party

John Despres
Marvin, I can supply you with a few simple profiles to get you started. Actual numbers mean little for the moment, but I'll send a few simple profiles to get you started.

What kind of beans do you have to roast?

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
ciel-007

ginny wrote:

ciel: thanks so much for taking time to post this for marvin. I forget how much information we have and the proper lace to send new members. have a great Sunday... ginny
party

Ginny thank you for your kind words. It was with great determination and enthusiasm that I undertook to develop my roasting technique on the challenging Gene Café roaster. During a steep learning curve lasting several months, I became indebted to John and other dedicated HRO members for their generous support.

Preparing the “Bean Mass Temperatures in your Gene Cafe?” post was a small way of giving something back to HRO in return for the tremendous support that HRO had given me earlier. The idea for the post came after seeing other new GC owners struggling with the very same issues that I had earlier encountered. In preparing the post, I spend about a week going through months of old GC roasting notes in order to be as thorough as possible. However, as I now re-read that post, I can see how it might seem somewhat ovewhelming for a newbie; perhaps, that is a reflection of the fact that I initially found the GC to be somewhat challenging to master.

Ginny, keep up your excellent work here - long live HRO!
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK�NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

Barrie
Gene, This is a link to another thread (Amplified Cracks, page 2) in which I posted an image of my exhaust setup. It works pretty well (and minimizes negative comments from the expensive seats) but only if I remember to turn on the fan in the exhaust. Shock

http://homeroasters.org/php/forum/attachments/image00001.jpg
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

ciel-007

Barrie wrote:

... an image of my exhaust setup. It works pretty well...

Barrie, that's a real cool setup. Thanks for sharing. Ciel

ciel-007

ginny wrote:

... I forget how much information we have and the proper place to send new members...

Ginny, have you considered consulting with your administrators to single out the most helpful contributions, and possibly creating “sticky posts” within respective threads?

HRO, keep up the excellent work, Ciel

Jump to Forum: