Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

daniboy503
· 04/05/2020 10:37 PM
i need wiring modification for westbend poppery I that has AC fan with rotary dimmer and AC fan speed control switches Thank you!

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,473
Newest Member: benhome
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Whirlypop Hand-crank
jzuzphreek
Has anyone seen or attempted to use a hand-cranked whirly pop like the one pictured? My dad found this at a thrift store and inquired as to my interest. He didn't give me the price, but if it's under $10 I might take a stab at it. Less electronics is always a plus!
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

Dan
I think the Sweet Marias website has something about this. By the way, they are made near me!

http://www.intactamerica.org
jzuzphreek
Just read the SM tips

No reason I can't mesh this with a heatgun, and drill some thermocouple holes right?

My dad will be stopping by the thrift store today to pick it up for just $5.95!! Ooooo I'm so excited!

Anyone know how tall these stand? I could also set it up on the BBQ.
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

Lawnmowerman
I cant say how they roast coffee, but they make excellent popcorn. My wife told me it is staying a popcorn maker. I believe it could also produce excellent coffee if it were ever to be called into service. They are made by different makers,thus,different heights. Ours is 6 inches tall with metal gears.
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

Lawnmowerman
And... If you tried to adapt a heat gun to it, might as well put a paint mixer on it. An easy mod if you wanted to do it.

jzuzphreek
Well, a day late and a dollar short. When my dad went to pick it up last night, some one else beat him to it. (hmm... all the smilies are happy smilies. no depressed smilies).

I'm gonna stay on the lookout. Incidentally, what do you mean by a "paint mixer?" I'm intrigued!
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

Gregman
I use this on the stove top for ALL my coffee roasting.
It's been through about a year of service and still works great.
Kind of getto I know but it's a cheap way to get into the hobby.

You can only roast 1/2 lb well at a time IMO.
The only down side is a small amount of facing on a few beans.
But the SM fella says it's unavoidable with this kind of set up.

I have thought of using a heat gun and may try that soon.
Well now........ that's not suppose to happen!

Lawnmowerman
Paint mixers. I read about them in a thread about motors. I dont have a picture. You could affix some angles in an a frame @ the end of the handle so there are 2 legs. That way it is held stable. The mixer motor would be lashed to one of the legs. Once you get one i can make a mock up of a proposed link to the crank. And post a pic of it.

Dan
Actually, I think he means paint pigment mixer gearmotors. Like hardware stores use to keep the pigment mixed. I'm using one on my cooler. They are just a shaded pole gearmotor with serviceable cover.

claycritters.com/coffee/bollinger_flame_roaster/bfr17.jpg

claycritters.com/coffee/bollinger_flame_roaster/bfr18.jpg

http://www.intactamerica.org
Jump to Forum: