Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

her63
· 06/02/2020 9:10 AM
keep healty bro, love roaster form home

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,590
Newest Member: her63
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Sivetz style clone
J-ROD
Hello all, I've been collecting parts for a five pound sivetz style roaster. I've got a 9 inch roast chamber that's 16 inches deep (gonna add a riser) and 13 inches below that for my element. I can pick up an element rated 5.75kw @ 208v extra cheap.... In your opinion can I successfully roast 4-5 pounds or should I go bigger on the element? I appreciate any thoughts as I'm in uncharted territory.

oldgearhead
I use 1KW/pound, but I recycle 20-40% of the RC exhaust air during a roast. So I would say if you plan on exhausting all the RC air you will need at least 1.5KW/pound...and don't forget the ambient factor..
No oil on my beans...

tamarian
I think 5kw is not enough for 5 lbs. If your sockets are wired to have enough amps to increase the wattage, you might experiment with 7-10kw, 10kw/208v=48amps,

But going gas is less hassle.
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F

http://english.varietalcafe.com
CharcoalRoaster
What's the difference in setup between going electric vs. gas? What I mean is, which takes up more/less room in the build, etc?

J-ROD
Thanks for the thoughts. I hope to pick up a 7kw element soon and see what happens. I've still got a bunch of work to do before I fire it up.

RoasterRob

CharcoalRoaster wrote:

What's the difference in setup between going electric vs. gas? What I mean is, which takes up more/less room in the build, etc?

JMO gas is easier to implement maybe a little more room, but that room is empty space to between the burner and the roast chamber.
Rob
VBM Minimax 2gp, 1gp Reneka Techno, 2 gp la Pavoni Pub, la Cimbali M28, SJ Maz, FB 6kg HM roaster and other stuff

Jump to Forum: