You must login to post a message.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 07/04/2020 10:27 AM
Happy 4th of July! jazzyhands

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 06/24/2020 7:58 AM
@Mark McCornack, Please post your question in the forum.

Mark McCornack
· 06/15/2020 9:28 PM
Hi! Looking for a legacy inlet temp sensor on 13 yr old Gene Cafe. It seems they've changed it and now you need new mother board and new sensor. Any ideas where I can find compatibile old one? Mark

Samaniego
· 06/09/2020 6:39 PM
Wich thermometers Can i buy for my roasting machine compatible with usb or macbook?

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 06/05/2020 5:38 PM
peveleth, It is better if you start a post in the forum with your question. These shouts go away in time.

Users Online
Guests Online: 8

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,629
Newest Member: Frederic
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Another 1.5kg or 3lb drum roaster from scratch
oldgrumpus
New link to progress photos. More will be uploaded soon-ish.

https://goo.gl/photos/qZJw8PxDa6K4wfqw5
Clever Coffee Dripper
Grinder: Macap M4
Roaster: Nearly complete drum roaster shown on this forum

allenb
Hi Ralph,

This will be one fine looking roaster when you're done. We're all looking forward to some photos with some browned beans spilling out of the chute!
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

goat4hooves
Thanks for sharing your progress. Great build. I'm happy to have found this thread. I have been toying with the idea of making a drum roaster.

What is the dimension of the gap between the rotating drum and the face plate on your machine?

oldgrumpus

goat4hooves wrote:
What is the dimension of the gap between the rotating drum and the face plate on your machine?

It's really hard to measure it. So here's how the gap is set:

The main shaft that the drum is fastened-to can be adjusted back and forth. What ultimately holds it in place are set-screws in the bearings on the front and back of the machine. In my case, I turn the drum motor on, and with all the set-screws loose, I use a rawhide mallet to move the shaft forward a tiny bit at-a-time until it scrapes against the front plate. At that point I move it back until it stops scraping and tighten the front bearing set-screws. I leave the set-screws loose on the rear ent. That allows for thermal expansion to move things around without affecting much with regard to the drum gap. Does that help?
Clever Coffee Dripper
Grinder: Macap M4
Roaster: Nearly complete drum roaster shown on this forum

goat4hooves
Ralph,

That helps out a lot. It is much appreciated. I just didn't know if there was a measured distance that you found worked well for your roaster.

Jump to Forum: