Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
iRoaster
atalanta
I thought I'd start a thread for this one. I haven't downloaded it yet, but if its compatible with my touch, I'll be happy to give it a shot and post some stuff on it.

I figure if I am going to get any further in roasting, I"m gonna have to do this "roast log thingie" ;)

atalanta
Tried it today with my first hottop roast. Don't care for it much.

1. You can only enter full pounds or kilos. No ounces or grams
2. You have to enter start temp or it won't let you start to log the roast. You also have to enter an end temp before you can finish.
3. You have to enter an ending weight (if you enter a decimal, it registers it as 0) before you can save the roast profile.

I think when I get a new touch or an iPad, I'll get the rainfrog program. I should probably write my own in the meantime.

atalanta
Ok, this software has made this kitty annoyed.

The most frustrating is the lack of decimals. So my 8oz roasts are being registered as 8lbs just so I can log something.

I'll be downloading Roastmaster for my new Touch. Hopefully that will serve me much better.

However, if you are using an older unit and will be roasting BIG batches, this does work. It does what it is supposed to do for which I can't fault.

John Despres
Rain Frog Roastmaster is quite good. I am able to use it in a very simple way. It seems quite complicated to me, but I'm just a dumb carpenter and some things are beyond me. In any event, I like it.

I imaging this thread will be dead pretty soon.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
Jump to Forum: