Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 03/21/2020 7:36 AM
Good morning homeroasters morning Everyone is hopefully staying healthy through this. Hang in there and stay safe!

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 1
JackH

Total Members: 6,581
Newest Member: sheridansparks
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Flexible exhaust pipe
Barrie
I have bought a length of 3" flexible aluminum exhaust pipe to lead from my GC to the stove top exhaust fan box and think it should do the trick. The problem is that each end is "frayed," with a tag of piping hanging off. One can cut it easily but then it will probably just fray again. Has anyone solved this with heat-resistant tape or sealant?
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

jkoll42
I've never dealt with this issue personally, but some high temp silicone to each end should stop any fraying and withstand the temps.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Barrie
Thank you. I will look into it.
Barrie (San Diego, CA)

JETROASTER
Hi Barrie
How about finishing each end with one of these?
Secure with hose clamps. Good Luck. -Scott
JETROASTER attached the following image:
duct_connector.jpg

Barrie
Yes, I may have to do that if sealant does not work. The required length is about 30" and this tubing is expandable/collapsible. For storage purposes between roasts I must put everything away (I hope I do not need to explain the reason? :|) and so would like to collapse it down as small as possible - we live in a packed-tight townhouse. Those ends are ideal but just increase the storage problem. Not a big deal - it looks as though I have options.
Barrie (San Diego, CA)

themikeinbaltimore
i hooked my gene output to my dryder vent with flexduct like you i think... home depot has metal duct tape (not the normal ducttape) for high temps, like for dryer ducting, and it works great for me.

Barrie

themikeinbaltimore wrote:

i hooked my gene output to my dryder vent with flexduct like you i think... home depot has metal duct tape (not the normal ducttape) for high temps, like for dryer ducting, and it works great for me.

I am having trouble with messages this morning (my fault and Ginny is being very patient with me), and I thought I had already sent a reply. Let's try again. :)
I suspect I am using the same tape (silver with a backing?) and it is said to withstand temperatures into the 200s. I am not sure what temp the chaff-collector outlet gets up to (but may measure that the next time it is in use). I want to be able to remove my aluminum flex tube after each use and so will not tape it to the GC. On the other hand, the edges are a little jagged and so I have them taped. The attached photo shows the thing in use the night I got it (uncleared kitchen) and before I put the tape on. The exhaust goes down into the stovetop vent box and seems very effective - even when I took a trial batch to French Roast.
[img][/img] I hope the photo posting works - that is where I am having the trouble.
Barrie attached the following image:
gc1.jpg

Barrie (San Diego, CA)

Jump to Forum: