Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

koriglman
10/13/2019 6:09 PM
Male Guide Reviews Some of the common supplements used to assist you lose weight are: Hoodia can be an herbal supplement that is very popular in programs designed to help you lose excess fat. It is em

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

allenb
10/08/2019 11:29 AM
Hi RAZ. Please post your 18-25kg build question in either the drum or fluidbed build forums and we'll all try to answer.

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:43 AM
Quien me pude ayudar por favor, con el diseƱo para construir un tostador que funcione ya sea con Gas, electricidad o flujo de aire caliente, de unos (18 o 25) Kg. estoy en Venezuela

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:41 AM
Saludos a todos

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,179
Newest Member: koriglman
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Most Hideous Roaster?
Lawnmowerman
How many people are interested in displaying their less than elegant roasters?
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

JETROASTER
Whip it out!! -Scott

jkoll42
I think that everyone here would agree that we want to see all roasters. Perhaps an ugliest roaster contest in this thread - they have ugliest dog contests....
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

allenb
OK, There will have to be some ground rules for a fair contest.

1 No fake ugly roasters. They have to have been intended to actually roast coffee and you just happened to end up with a real hideous build.

2 Has to be your build and not a photo of the poor guy's down the street

3 You're not allowed to take a hammer to your most hated build just to make it uglier than it originally was
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

jkoll42
For sure #1. I want to see roasters that were actually used as (hideously ugly) roasters. I wish I had a horse in this race Grin
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

coffeeroastersclub
You mean a roaster that only a mother could love? Roflmao

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

http://www.coffeeroastersclub.com
seedlings
i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/seedlings/HomemadeDrumAttachedsmall.jpg
i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/seedlings/HomemadeDrumInsidesmall.jpg

Link to video:
http://s206.photo...ster-1.mp4

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

John Despres
CHAD, that's a hoot!!! Beats my ugly roaster. I don't have a dog in this hunt.

Who's judging this?

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
jkoll42
Love it!
-Jon

Lawnmowerman
Here's mine
Lawnmowerman attached the following image:
0408121932a.jpg

Lawnmowerman
Here's another view
Lawnmowerman attached the following image:
0408121919b.jpg

Want to Help?
By donating you can ensure that HR will continue to be open for years to come. Expenses are 100% transparent and can be viewed publicly at all times. You can find more information on donations and why we request them by reading up on the forum topic here. Thank you.

Lawnmowerman
Here's how it happened. Found an ornamental skillet that fit the hopper on my bread machine roaster and I just had to make it fit. I cut a hole to fit the heat gun plus a small exxhaust releif. So far so good. Then I cut out the back of the surround to slide it in and out. Couldn't just lower it down because the hopper handle got in the way. All this because I thought I could increase my yeild with a cast iron lid. Only now all the heat surrounding the rc just leaks out the back, making it not only inefficient but also hidious. I did learn from it though.

Lawnmowerman
I made little basket thingy to hold the dmm so when i can move it without worring about the thing sliding off and ripping off the thermocouple wires, again. This adds to its hidiousness. What did I learn?hmm, I guess I have to admit that just because it looks like it was meant:@ to fit something else doesn't necessarily mean it will fit.

Lawnmowerman
I made little basket thingy to hold the dmm so when i can move it without worring about the thing sliding off and ripping off the thermocouple wires, again. This adds to its hidiousness. What did I learn?hmm, I guess I have to admit that just because it looks like it was meant:@ to fit something else doesn't necessarily mean it will fit.

Lawnmowerman
What I was hoping for withthis thread was for peoplto feel a little bit better about their own ugly dog roasters if they knew that theirs isn't the ugliest. My ten year old son says my roaster isn't ugly, but he may be prejudiced..so people, please. Post your :)ugly roaster here. I think chads looks like a fine roaster btw.

jzuzphreek
I was playing with removing the glass dome from by BM last night. It's well on it's way to becoming an ugly roaster. I removed the dome, and wrapped the lid in about 6 layers of heavy duty foil, only to realize when I tried to close the lid, that I needed about 5 inches of clearance (hence the original DOMED lid). So now I'm contemplating using some ac/heating aluminum duct tape to affix some more foil over the gap. We'll see!
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

jkoll42
Lawnmower - thats a strong contender. I couldn't figure out what it actually was until I read the description. Love it!
-Jon

JETROASTER
Lawnmower is gonna be tough to beat...but here's my contender.

My first roaster. It wasn't always this ugly...I made it that way with my 'improvements' -Scott
JETROASTER attached the following image:
ugly1.jpg

Lawnmowerman
Some new sheetmetal. Now my roaster has three lids. The inner cast iron lid that fits the hopper. What isn't shown is the underside whichhas a tube which effectively extends the heatgun into the hopper by an inch or so. The second lid covers up the gaping hole I made to fit the first lid. I found a baking tin that was a perfect fit that we never use,so... the third lid is the one I had used originally and it is topmost. Made from the original lid and a baking tin laminated together with screws. From the side this roaster now looks like a block on top of a larger block, geometrically speaking. Not as hidious as it was. And it holds the heat in better.have done one roast since this last improvement and this appears to have fixed the problems created by the last improvement. I think its finally done. Yeah,right. And if you need to use a baking tin that isn't being used for anything,ask anyway.
Lawnmowerman attached the following images:
0411122114b.jpg 0411122114a.jpg

Lawnmowerman
Scott, I'm very impressed with your submission. I have nearly everything needed to assemble a similar setup. Did it have an additional heat gun element like the yaar setup? And what sort of yeild could it put out?

Jump to Forum: