Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

daniboy503
· 04/05/2020 10:37 PM
i need wiring modification for westbend poppery I that has AC fan with rotary dimmer and AC fan speed control switches Thank you!

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,473
Newest Member: benhome
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Turbo-Crazy Type
jzuzphreek
I visited the local (amazing) thrift store today. They have an Orville Reddenbacker roaster that's kind of like a Stir-crazy. Anyone have any experience with this machine in a turbo-crazy type of setup? (I believe it's the same machine as this one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Presto-Orville-...amp;sr=8-3)
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

Koffee Kosmo
This unit by itself will not roast coffee
It will do a fair job with the addition of a turbo oven however some parts may not be able to handle the extra heat

KK

PS - why is your sig longer than your post
I home roast and I like it
Blog - http://koffeekosmo.blogspot.com/
Bezzera Strega: Mazzer Robur Grinder: 5 Box hand grinders: Pullman Tamper Convex: (KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster: CONA Glass Rod Syphon: Pyrex Brewer:

http://koffeekosmo.com.au
jzuzphreek
thanks. That's the kind of input I was looking for before pulling the trigger. It had a steep price tag.... almost TEN BUCKS!
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

Calvin Koh
I am a newbie in homeroasting community. Fascinated with a turbo oven roaster and a drum roaster, I intend to create a hybrid between the two. Fabricated a square stainless steel drum with thick industrial grade 304 thick stainless steel bowl, I managed to create my first prototype of homeroasting machine. It is still in infancy, without thermocouple and rotating the drum manually. Roasted two batches of beans and achieving FC at about 18mins and 19mins repectively using just 125g each.Overall, happy with it but still suboptimal.

s6.postimage.org/gm4nv38n1/IMG_2098.jpg
Figure 1: The roaster in action

s6.postimage.org/9hcp4ac8t/IMG_2097.jpg
Figure 2: Turbo oven roaster with drum

s6.postimage.org/62z41w67x/IMG_2096.jpg
Figure 3: The internal with square drum

JackH
Calvin, Welcome!

That looks like an interesting project. What would the capacity be for that drum?

I look forward to seeing your progress.

--Jack
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Koffee Kosmo

Calvin Koh wrote:

I am a newbie in homeroasting community. Fascinated with a turbo oven roaster and a drum roaster, I intend to create a hybrid between the two. Fabricated a square stainless steel drum with thick industrial grade 304 thick stainless steel bowl, I managed to create my first prototype of homeroasting machine. It is still in infancy, without thermocouple and rotating the drum manually. Roasted two batches of beans and achieving FC at about 18mins and 19mins repectively using just 125g each.Overall, happy with it but still suboptimal.

s6.postimage.org/gm4nv38n1/IMG_2098.jpg
Figure 1: The roaster in action

s6.postimage.org/9hcp4ac8t/IMG_2097.jpg
Figure 2: Turbo oven roaster with drum

s6.postimage.org/62z41w67x/IMG_2096.jpg
Figure 3: The internal with square drum

Very nice Kalvin
I toyed with a similar drum system, but found that the green bean roasting volume is greatly reduced due to lack of real estate in the roast chamber

So I went and drew up a Twin TO drum roaster concept (one of about 20 designs using the same or similar principle)

KK
Koffee Kosmo attached the following image:
twinturbo_roaster_1.jpg

I home roast and I like it
Blog - http://koffeekosmo.blogspot.com/
Bezzera Strega: Mazzer Robur Grinder: 5 Box hand grinders: Pullman Tamper Convex: (KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster: CONA Glass Rod Syphon: Pyrex Brewer:

http://koffeekosmo.com.au
Jump to Forum: