Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 03/21/2020 7:36 AM
Good morning homeroasters morning Everyone is hopefully staying healthy through this. Hang in there and stay safe!

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,467
Newest Member: hehevt
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
AHHHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!! So Frustrating!!
glens

John Despres wrote:

Is it the fan or the heating element? Your first post says fan, the last post element.

In 5 years, I've replaced the element 4 times, but then, I'm about to cross 500 pounds in mine. I roast a lot in it. The last element I put in is one I repaired and it's lasted the longest. Do you still have your old ones? I can tell you what to do, or ship me one or two, I'll fix 'em and send 'em back.

Nope, no way to add a bean probe. I've built roasters with a bean probe and still love my Gene Cafe.

John

Hate to revive an old thread, but can someone PLEASE explain the process to fix the heating element? Mine failed last night (wire broke right near the crimp) and I'd love to repair it myself, but can't find the instructions anywhere. Thanks in advance!

JackH
I have some instructions in PDF format I will Email to you.

Welcome to Homeroasters!

If you have a photo of the broken wire/connector, I can help you find a new connector.
Jack
Edited by JackH on 03/30/2014 3:24 PM
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

John Despres
I just sent Glen notes based on my memory.

It's true I never posted how I did my own repair.

I have fear of liability issues.

JD
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
theodolorosa
Hi Jack & John
Would greatly appreciate it if you would send me the info also.
Many thanks
Theo

Jump to Forum: