Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 03/21/2020 7:36 AM
Good morning homeroasters morning Everyone is hopefully staying healthy through this. Hang in there and stay safe!

Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,467
Newest Member: hehevt
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Reviews of equipment and other coffee items!
ginny
Hi all:

This is the forum for your personal reviews of equipment you have tried and well as other coffee related items.

Pictures of your home/office/hideaway coffee setup are welcome; everyone loves to see pictures of fellow roasters toy's.

ginny

always,
B)B)GrinGrinGrin
Edited by ginny on 05/27/2007 8:18 AM

metal
When I was a young boy, my grandfather gave me my start in fresh roasted and fresh brewed coffee.

Just down the road and accross the railroad track was a little Amish grocery that sold green coffee beans from a wooden barrel. Grand pap would buy a scoop at a time for 10 cents and we would head over the tracks to make coffee. We would sit and talk while he cooked the beans in a rusty old iron skillet on top of a little pot bellied stove. As I recall it took a long time to cook. When the beans cooled he smashed them in a clean sock with a large rawhide mallet. He then tied a knot in the sock and we would head to the spring to get fresh spring water. On the way to the spring we crossed a lane made of fine limestone. Papy always untied the sock bent down to get a pinch of limestone powder and tossed it in the sock. He said it made the coffee taste like it was made with good well water Grin When we got to the spring he diped his coffee pan in the tile, pulled it out, and pinched out any debris or bugs. He said it was bad luck to get the water from the stream that poured out of the crack in rock face, and rather pinch the bugs out than have bad luck all day. We went back to the stove, he put the pan on the top of the stove, tossed in the coffee and limestone sock filter, waited till the coffee turned brown as molasses, poured it in a nice cup, then enjoyed the rest of his day......

Fine equipment like that is hard to find today! s:8
Edited by metal on 04/19/2006 8:15 PM
i44.photobucket.com/albums/f10/metalcrafter/coffeebloomfeathertransparent.jpg

dennist3
So does this mean this is the right place for my Drum and cooler pictures?
s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8
Dennis
AKA
FC1(SW/AW) Dennis W. True
USN (ret.)

HG/DB roasting in the warm Cuban Sun

Check out my Blog!!!!!
http://coffee-kites-musings.blogspot....gspot.com/

Fresh roasted DP Ethos..ISO the blueberries!
Jump to Forum: