Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

CharcoalRoaster
11/04/2019 1:58 AM
+1 snwcmpr

snwcmpr
11/03/2019 2:16 AM
Can we make the shoutbox UNAVAILABLE until a member has a certain number of posts?

allenb
11/01/2019 2:20 AM
Funopt, please post in the gas and electric heat sources forum

Funopt
10/30/2019 5:17 AM
Can someone help me for using forced propane burner as my heating element. I rather want to use lpg than electric. Do you think it would work

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,244
Newest Member: Mosco
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ground Coffee Aroma
allenb
Technically I'm supposed to call it fragrance but I don't like the word for describing the smell of ground coffee.

For quite some time after starting out roasting I would have a so-so roast and the ground aroma just out of the roaster would be less than pleasant but after a couple of days rest it would improve. The taste of the coffee would never be great no matter how long of a rest.

After a while I finally came to the realization that if my just-roasted ground coffee aroma wasn't great then the brewed coffee was never going to be great even after a proper rest period. I sometimes would be in denial after smelling a less than stellar aroma and then wondered why the so-so cup a couple of days later.

I now do a 1/2 oz test grind just out of the roaster to get a feel for how the roast came out and it's interesting how there are small differences between seemingly identical roasts of the same coffee.

I'm interested to find out from others how your ground coffee aroma rates just out of the roaster? Excellent, good, just as good as it is after resting for a couple of days?

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

JETROASTER
I think I'll start checking. How does it coincide with the munch test? -Scott

allenb
freshbeans wrote:
I think I'll start checking. How does it coincide with the munch test? -Scott

For whatever reason with my taste buds, I've munched more than a few beans that I was sure would produce a killer cup but didn't pan out.

On the other hand, I've yet to find an excellent, just out of the roaster grind aroma produce anything but a great cup.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

John Despres
The fragrance out of the grinder is almost always most excellent for me. I love it!

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
Jump to Forum: