Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
08/18/2019 4:31 AM
Awesome I sent an email to AllenB and JackH The email to JackH failed. I had screenshots of my settings.

allenb
08/18/2019 3:37 AM
Jack and I are enlisting help from our PHP site admin to try and solve as soon as possible. Thanks for letting us know.

snwcmpr
08/18/2019 2:53 AM
I got another PM last night......... No email notice.

snwcmpr
08/17/2019 7:36 AM
Email address correct. I constantly check junk folder. I turned off, then on, the setting to receive notice.

JackH
08/17/2019 7:10 AM
Also check that there are no spam filters set for email.

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,099
Newest Member: kla65
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Homeroasters hate the IPAD
Ringo
My family gave me a IPAD for Christmas and its a great little internet machine on all sites but this one. I am a lurker most of the time and that works great on the IPAD. When I try to do a post things get crazy, half way through the sentence the site resets or something and the typing box drops out. I open up the keyboard one more time and start typing in a few seconds it resets. I also see this when I use the site with my ITOUCH. Does anybody else have this problem? I very seldom post just come on to learn so not a big problem for me.

Frustrated
Ringo
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain

greencardigan
Yep, it does this on my iPhone too. Very annoying.

It's something to do with the chat preview window being refreshed I think.

JimG
Same problem here. Maddening!

Jim

www.pidkits.com
bvwelch
Android rules, and coming soon will talk to TC4. :-)
Edited by bvwelch on 04/06/2011 3:19 AM

qajariaq
Has been working fine for me...

"sent from my iPad"

:trink25:

ginny
Poo to all of you, must be something your hitting along the way! My iPad has never shut down on this site!

Never, never, never ever...

Watch what you sliding by as you type.

Love HRO on my iPad especially when I am sitting in front of the doctors office waiting for my brother, as I am now. Using my nifty little MiFi from Verizon.

Ginny

seedlings
Better send me that iPad so I can be absolutely sure I hate it too.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

bvwelch
When CHAD is finished with it, send it to me along with a MACBook Air and I'll see about getting TC4 running on both.

greencardigan
AnYway is tHere something wE can do to fix this isSue? :|

scarter11
I wonder if they could replace the current live chat update with am AJAX version that doesn't caise the reload. It works fine on my HTC Incredible, but the screen reload is annoying.

www.trefratellicoffee.com
ginny
Oh I cannot believe how great you guys are for taking this off my hands; thanks so much for your understanding and consideration.

The first one to hit my gmail address gets the iPad!!

g

Shock

ginny
Green C:

I am not clear on what needs to be fiXED OthER then an individual keystroke or updating to the new 4.3 iPad software.

I have friends who access this site daily and have no issue with their iPads.

Unless I can replicate the problem my guess is the sliding finger on the keypad!
the keypads are VERY sensitive and one tiny, tiny tap will make a mad person crazy because everything changes!!

sorry this is not a php issue.

can you all please tell me what you are doing when this abrupt change happens? Can you make it happen again?

thanks ginny

Shock

ginny
scarter11:

I know you are asking about live chat change but am not clear on what it is you want. I have no issue changing the little tiny chat we have for something better.

Just not sure how or what to look for that is compatible with our php.

Please let me know. Our goal here is to make this a very accessible place to be.

Thanks for your input.

ginny
Grin

Ringo
I updated to version 3' this seemed to fix the problem. Thanks Ginny.
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain

greencardigan
ginny wrote:
Green C:

I am not clear on what needs to be fiXED OthER then an individual keystroke or updating to the new 4.3 iPad software.

I have friends who access this site daily and have no issue with their iPads.

Unless I can replicate the problem my guess is the sliding finger on the keypad!
the keypads are VERY sensitive and one tiny, tiny tap will make a mad person crazy because everything changes!!

sorry this is not a php issue.

can you all please tell me what you are doing when this abrupt change happens? Can you make it happen again?

thanks ginny

Shock

Hi G

I happens in both the quick reply and normal reply.

When the text input is active (iPhone keyboard open) the keyboard suddenly closes. This happen again shortly after I activate the text input box again. And I have the phone on the desk out of reach!

Actually, I just worked out that it seems to happens every 30 seconds. This happens to be the same timing of the chat preview refreshes.

edit:
letting my phone auto-lock stops the problem after I unlock. But it returns after I refresh the page.
Edited by greencardigan on 04/06/2011 4:18 PM

ginny
GC:

Ok, I understand what you are saying. I have an iPod and iPad not an iPhone until the 5 comes out.

I would have gotten the 4 with verizon but it was too close to the cusp of the 5 so i will wait. Would have had a first edition iPhone but ATT has NO service here in the boonies.

Some friends locally have the iPhone 4 and I will check it out before weeks end.

Thank you for your input. Part of me wonders if it is our server? Maybe we are now overcrowded so to speak. Please let me know if anything changes for the better on your end. Will be speaking to our server guys in the am and will try to solve this problem.

The one thing that should NEVER happen is an issue with a MAC and HRO.

Trust me on this one.

thanks for your support, comments and good humor.

ginny
Grin

ginny
OK,

I have tried to replicate the problems you guys have been talking about on the iPod, iPad and iPhone version 4.

sorry but I am having none of the same problems.

do all of you use ATT? if so my guess is that is your problem.not the hardware designed in California, see palm tree!!

g:P

Ringo
My Ipad is a wireless one only, But the software seemed to fix mine. Have not update the Ipod yet, so its still doing it. I think the new update will fix me up.

Ringo

ginny
Ringo,

they are all wireless devices. You should update the software for sure.
Let me know after you do.

ginnyShock

Ringo
Did this on my IPod, It seems to work good now. You seemed to fix that problem for me. Thanks Ginny

Jump to Forum: