Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

CharcoalRoaster
11/04/2019 1:58 AM
+1 snwcmpr

snwcmpr
11/03/2019 2:16 AM
Can we make the shoutbox UNAVAILABLE until a member has a certain number of posts?

allenb
11/01/2019 2:20 AM
Funopt, please post in the gas and electric heat sources forum

Funopt
10/30/2019 5:17 AM
Can someone help me for using forced propane burner as my heating element. I rather want to use lpg than electric. Do you think it would work

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 1
cdrake39

Total Members: 6,247
Newest Member: Natesforu9
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Coffee losing market-share to energy drinks?
JETROASTER
http://www.time.c...65,00.html

We'll see....

endlesscycles
I like starting the morning with a four-loko, personally. Coffee's more of a mid day thing for me.
-Marshall Hance
Asheville, NC

John Despres
From the article

"Matt Yemma, a 26-year-old public-relations consultant, started swigging energy drinks while in college. "I believe the aggressive marketing of energy drinks such as Red Bull to the younger generation, mixed with the lousy taste and feeling that coffee gives me, is why I, and the younger generation, is gravitating away from drinking coffee," he says. "Even nowadays, if I'm really flagging in the afternoon, I'll just rip a Red Bull." "

If the current trend continues, maybe the popular garbage offered up as the coffee he describes will be changed to something more akin to the exquisite elixir we all enjoy...

We can hope, right?

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
seedlings
So coffee prices should come down!

CHAD
Edited by seedlings on 11/16/2010 4:27 AM
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

randytsuch
Thanks for the link.
It did say that they were looking at long term prospects, becaues "kids" are going for red bulls instead of coffee, but that "our age" group (assuming that we are around the same age) will continue to fuel growth for the next 5 years.

In my informal poll, my 11 year old likes coffee, and always has, my 13 year old likes things like frappacino, but doesn't really like coffee like her younger sister. BTW, I only give the little one decaf.

On a somewhat related note, is coffee more expensive this year?
Last year was the first time I started roasting, and I overbought, so I have a stockpile of greens at the moment, but whenever I check out prices, seems like they are higher.

Randy

JETROASTER
Coffee is up. I read a bit by Tom Owen talking about how coffee futures do have a trickle down impact on the specialty trade.
Problems for the large scale producers have had an effect on the rest of it.
This too shall pass.
Anyway, thanks for introducing the next generation. Do they show any interest in roasting? -Scott

Clifford
Maybe there will be more for us to roast at better prices
May the Force be with your cup

Jump to Forum: