Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 02/11/2020 1:10 PM
The shoutbox is meant for short announcements and will disappear in time. Please create a post in the forum.

jqaman
· 02/11/2020 9:35 AM
The Behmor lol

snwcmpr
· 02/10/2020 10:25 AM
CoffeeRoastersClub
is a member.

rogguy
· 02/06/2020 7:24 AM
Searched but no can find, but does anyone on here use the roasters made by CRC (Coffee Roasters Club) in Connecticut?

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 02/05/2020 2:50 PM
Thanks NetriX!

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 1
renatoa

Total Members: 6,416
Newest Member: Mbb
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Build a Chaff Collector Cyclone
renatoa
Is there any standard to connect a cyclone for roasters? For power and for control, if separate plugs.
Or it's a proprietary stuff, each its own...

Asking for a potential commercial roaster design, intended to be sold modular, with chaff collector as an option.

CharcoalRoaster
I know this is an old thread but has anyone ever upcycled a vacuum cleaner cyclone separator assembly and just used that to separate out the chaff? We use vac motors for FB blowers all the time so why not use the dust separator assembly for chaff separation/collection?

renatoa
Aren't they made from plastic? So melting when passing +200 C air... Shock

Some of us used the Dust Commander aluminium version cyclone, good for up to 1 kg roasters.

CharcoalRoaster
I use PVC for air intake and heat reclamation on my current build with no melting issues. Would it be that much different?

renatoa
In this case we are talking about different heat circuits and purposes... my cyclone is sucking air directly from the roast chamber, to separate chaff.
Used Kapton tape to seal the joins, a normal electrician duct tape melt after a while.

Jump to Forum: